Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Beware the evil space monkeys
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd let you all know my leaky megane 2 convertible has just hit 60k miles and passed its mot with no advisories all in the same week :D So I'm made up.

As the title says pointless thread really but I'm super chuffed and wanted you all to know lol

Merry February to you all ;)

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,066 Posts
Good to know, especially as I may be looking at one with 55K on it tomorrow :d

Must admit, last year my Scenic wandered through MOT with no advisories.... seemed like a swiz, I was expecting some :confused:

·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to know, especially as I may be looking at one with 55K on it tomorrow :d

Must admit, last year my Scenic wandered through MOT with no advisories.... seemed like a swiz, I was expecting some :confused:
I was expecting an advisory but nope even the brakes I thought were low are 100% safe :cool: have to say this car really has made me love Renault cars again after the nightmare of my old 02 laguna.

·
25,066 Posts
Any pointers for iffy points, especially around the roof/mechanism.
It's from a dealer so not overly bothered if the engine falls out in the first week and (think) I am competent enough to check all the normal things like 4 wheels.
But long time since owned a convertible and never one with powered roof.

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,793 Posts
Any pointers for iffy points, especially around the roof/mechanism.
It's from a dealer so not overly bothered if the engine falls out in the first week and (think) I am competent enough to check all the normal things like 4 wheels.
But long time since owned a convertible and never one with powered roof.
Was a lot of good posts someone put up recently about the power roofs ..cant remember users name but he posted a lot end of last year then vanished :confused:

Reactions: Dancingdad

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,289 Posts
Was a lot of good posts someone put up recently about the power roofs ..cant remember users name but he posted a lot end of last year then vanished :confused:
Mike1967 is the guy who put up the posts, seems he is in to the soft tops,

Reactions: HeatherJ

·
22,793 Posts
Was a lot of good posts someone put up recently about the power roofs ..cant remember users name but he posted a lot end of last year then vanished
Mike1967 is the guy who put up the posts, seems he is in to the soft tops,
He also had a few about the hard tops I thinks .. Posts were very informative

·
42,289 Posts
Yes, well worth a read, he seems to know his stuff,

·
22,793 Posts
Academic.
Some bu55er already swiped it :(
Hope his roof leaks :d
You bad saying that :devil:

Plenty low mile ones out there BUT be warned prices will rise in next couple of months

·
42,289 Posts
What the car or the thread, darent leave anything lying around :devil:

·
22,793 Posts
What the car or the thread, darent leave anything lying around :devil:
After seeing his post yesterday dealer had 400 enquires :moonie::moonie:

·
42,289 Posts
399 Yours, you bad:d

·
22,793 Posts
Bit closer I might have looked ...:devil:

·
25,066 Posts
Someone's going to ask a question about the new 04 Meg CC in their garage..... I can be patient :devil::devil::devil:

·
42,289 Posts
Could end up getting it cheap,:d
We wont tell:devil:Honest

·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well as far as issues go the only one's I really have are water gets in on the drivers side where the roof meets the windscreen (seat forward with a small towel to stop the wet seat works) and the rear drivers side window wont go up from the drivers switch cluster or work at all from its own switch but the center window button that works all windows works it up and down so again not a real issue. I may have been lucky with the car then again i dont hear many real horror stories about the megane cc as apposed to my friend who had the 307cc and a focus cc both on 56 plates and had non stop problems with both the pugs roof stopped working whilst it was down (it rained he got wet oh how i laughed) and his focus had electrical issues from day one, from the power steering failing to the engine going into limp mode when ever it felt the urge. Glad to say he saw the light and now has a saab convertible as he wont buy the same as me lol even though my tax is 205 a year to his 400 odd and my mpg is better too :D

Im not sure I mentioned I LOVE MY CC leaky roof and all :D :cool:

·
22,793 Posts
Had similar issue on the MX5 roof but luckily they catches are easy to adjust ...less than 2 minutes to fix

1 - 20 of 21 Posts