Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:yawn:
posted soooo many threads now need more help with my failing espace
what it is this time is everytime i accelarate black smoke comes out of exhaust, my hubby has thrashed it to try to clean it out but it is still smoking (obviously hasnt heard of the new laws)
can anyone help me please it is a 1998 diesel car also
thankyou
joanna
xx:moonie:

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Joanna - so the Italian tune-up you other half gave the car did no good - sounds like the engine is either getting too much fuel or not enough air - start by checking the air filter. Exactly what type of engine is it capacity, etc.:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
black smoke

hi it is a 2.2 td manual gears thats all i know 'fraid,
the air filter was replaced not to long ago i think...yeah im sure it did it looks like a whales teeth???
:beer:

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Loanna - whales teeth must be helluva big motta you got there - I think the term your looking for is Balleen which in fact are part of the whales flitration system (in Victorian times they were used in womens corsets) Seriously though try running the car with the air filter removed but only for a short journey. Failing that it could also be due to a duff EGR valve if fitted. Search for EGR valve in the forum and see if any of the symptoms are similar to yours:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would think a seized turbo would be like driving with the handbrake on, you certainly not be able to thrash it. I think its egr valve, had bother there myself, ended up taking the pipe out and blanking the ends off, goes like a rocket now!

·
Registered
36 Posts
2.2DCI . . not pulling like steam train . . .

Hi Axial . . .
I am curious as to what you did with the EGR valve!!! . .
My car is not pulling like I believe it should . . apparently it should pull like a steam train!
Could you please enlighten me as to how your 'modification' effected the transformation . . . . I am tempted to have a gander at the EGR myself over the weekend.

Many thanks in advance . . . .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
could someone tell me where the egr valve is please i have looked onto the left side of the car and cant see it.....many thanks
joanna
xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts