Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!! I drive Vel Satis privilege 2.2 Dci, 02 reg and is 98000ml on the clock. Lately clutch pedal is started to stick to the floor very often and clouds of black smoke from exhauststarted to appear when accelerating, And when I'm stop and start moving again it's feels like complete loss of power..:confused:Can anyone can help me please:(:crying: P.S sorry for my English

·
Premium Member
14,136 Posts
Welcome to the forum flamma,your clutch pedal sticking down prob is likely to be the master cylinder,its quite a common fault that seems to appear on the Laguna,as for black smoke on acceleration could be a variety of things,how long ago has it been serviced??with 98000 on the clock could be anything ,air cleaner blocked,fuel system fault,injectors or fuel pump??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for the quick reply!!! I bought this car 2 days ago and just started to drive it 2day, seller didn't told me about the problems.From the service history it looks like it have been serviced on August 2010 with air and oil filter change, and new inter cooler . MOT was on October 2010 with just need of new tyres and injector cleaner.I'm completely scare now to drive it with all that smoke and clutch especially I'm a woman:eek:.And if it's turbo and master cylinder gone maybe you know how much ruffly it's cost and if it's worth to fix it?thanks in advance!!

·
Premium Member
14,136 Posts
Hi sorry i didn't get back to you,did you buy private or from a garage??if a garage then take it back and get them to sort it or demand your money back,if you bought it private then you may have more of a fight on your hands,if bought as seen then i don't think you get your money back but if they have sold the motta to you knowing the faults there you may have a leg to stand on,contact citizens advice..as for cost i would even want to guess,best thing take it to a reputable garage and get them to give it a look...

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Hi,
The 2.2 dCi engine is known for failing turbos, and these symptons sounds exactly like that.
I would get in touch with the seller who obviously hasn't been completely honest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts