Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've been using them since around 2004 when I had some tyres fitted to my old and late lamented Alfa 156. Had them delivered and fitted down the road from work in Banbury ... remember that town name!

Over the years I've placed a couple of orders with them when they have beaten the other suplpiers I use .. mytyres, TyreLeaders, etc.

So Monday wake up to a 10% off offer from BC. Just the ticket .. need two new tyres for son's Clio which is being MOTd a couple of days later on Weds 17th. Fitting arranged via their site for Weds 17th at 10am at a local fitter and then a short drive to MOT for 11am. All sorted ...

Or so I thought.

Later Monday get an email saying fitters can't do the date and time I want now .. but can do Thursday (MOT is Weds!) ... not happy called them ... ages waiting on the phone and some BS about the fitters having issues but we can deliver them to your home on Weds. Reluctantly agreed and they are refunding the fitting costs (less the discount!). Now it's so late, none of the other fitters in teh area can do Wednesday either!

Tuesday: get a confirmation email for delivery .. to Banbury .. Huh? I know where that came from but there is nothing on my BC account to mention Banbury!! Home address is correct and the fitters I chose are nowhere near Banbury! (That's 50 miles up the M40!!) Phone again .. "we'll get it changed" ... but now can't confirm when on Weds they would be delivered just between 9am and 5pm. Great .. no doubt driver will arrive when I'm at MOT .. tip off a neighbour.

This morning: Weds 17th. At 8:08am receive an email from couriers telling me "Garry would be delivering my parcel today" ... to "Banbury" (remember that?) ... WTF!

Can't call couriers as they don't provide a number and email is automated so "please do not reply" and BC not open until 9am ... and when I do .. usual queue .. but they have a call-back (yeah, bet that works). It did but they now blame the DRIVER for not picking up his emails .. but then go on to say it would have to come from a different depot anyway so the earliest is tomorrow. Really??

So BC has been renamed BlackHoles on my phone, and will be deleted once I get my order .. which may be tomorrow when my tyres arrive ... WHO KNOWS? BlackHoles don't seem to and I certainly don't!

I now realised why the last time they won best tyre dealer was 2016 .. they did win best website in 2018 ... shame that nothing you select or order seems to be taken or used though. So they have a pretty website ...

I'm just waiting now for the "Did you value our service?" email so I can provide feedback ... and once I have the tyres their Facebook account might be getting a visit too ...

Luckily tyres (or worse one of the four) was just above legal limit so car passed .. but the stress levels for the past three days have been on max!!

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,489 Posts
I've been using them since around 2004 when I had some tyres fitted to my old and late lamented Alfa 156. Had them delivered and fitted down the road from work in Banbury ... remember that town name!

Over the years I've placed a couple of orders with them when they have beaten the other suplpiers I use .. mytyres, TyreLeaders, etc.
Were these later orders fitted at Banbury too?

So Monday wake up to a 10% off offer from BC. Just the ticket .. need two new tyres for son's Clio which is being MOTd a couple of days later on Weds 17th. Fitting arranged via their site for Weds 17th at 10am at a local fitter and then a short drive to MOT for 11am. All sorted ...
I call that cutting things a bit fine. When you are trying to link two services things can go wrong and do go wrong as has happen in this instance.

Tuesday: get a confirmation email for delivery .. to Banbury .. Huh? I know where that came from but there is nothing on my BC account to mention Banbury!! Home address is correct and the fitters I chose are nowhere near Banbury!
Is there a "special instruction" box on the system that is holding the Banbury fitting location?

Luckily tyres (or worse one of the four) was just above legal limit so car passed .. but the stress levels for the past three days have been on max!!
All's well that ends well as the saying goes :smile2: At least you got something chipped off the overall price.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. No

2. Nor really. The last tyres I had fitted took 10 mins each wheel

3. No .. not that I can see .. nor BlackHoles apparently

4. Not enough though ... going back next week to try and negotiate more or free fitting. Their refund should really be the full fitting costs as this part wasn't supplied.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I had a couple of bad experiences booking things through blackcirlces, and dont use them anymore. It is funny reading the above though, as i was recently in a garage and someone came in complaining that their MoT had been canceled, and the guy in the garage explained that it was the way the blackcircles website worked. I just buy my tyres elsewhere now, like someone off a forum/facebook and then get them fitted

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,589 Posts
need x2 tyres for the mrs car so thought just for fun have a look and see how much blackcirlces are, :grin2: there having a laugh toyo £44 each no way am i paying that , direct to my door £50 for x2 if i do them myself just another £2 to get rid of the old tyres , if i goto the local guy to change them £14

1 - 5 of 5 Posts