Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My wife finally went to our local Renault garage to pick up our 2006 Espace, complete with a new keycard (we lost 1). When she got home, I was amazed to see that the key comes with no blade (well it was _only_ 150 quid). I'm not that bothered about the blade itself, but the gubbings in the card and battery are totally exposed without SOME blade in there to protect it.

Can anybody recommend where I can get a new (or used) blade to cover the gaping hole in the card? I'd rather not take a trip back to Mr Renault if possible...

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
By blade, are you referring to the emergency key that fits into the passenger door handle to manually unlock the car? If so, the keycard should have come complete with the blade key already inserted in the keycard. I had to purchase a new keycard for my 04 plate MKiv last summer. I was informed the dealer has to request the complete keycard from Renault in France who despatch it to the dealer for programming to the car. The Renault factory records know what cut of key blade should be required for the car so it is delivered already pre-cut.

Unless things have changed, I would be going back to the dealer who has just supplied the keycard and ask them where the blade key is as, like I mentioned, I beleive it should be there.

Trust this helps.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
correct, the blade should be supplied with the key. You may not bother about it now, but if you ever have a flat battery how are you going to get into the car to release the bonnet to charge the battery?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts