Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an aftermarket head unit installed and had no troubles for over 12 months.

Out of no where the head unit stopped working - all fuses were ok except for the one marked in the image.

Have tried to replace but it keeps blowing - does anyone have any ideas why it would blow?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
3,763 Posts
Electrical short circuit? Who wired up the head unit? Where was it connected to for power supply? Anything else not working? Not many clues in your post, not even the make and model of car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2007 Renault Traffic - was wired up by family friend - used the existing wires from the original head unit - worked fine for over 12 months then turned on car and stopped working.

Everything is working fine just no power to the head unit. Power wire was tested on multi meter and had nothing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2007 Renault Traffic - was wired up by family friend - used the existing wires from the original head unit - worked fine for over 12 months then turned on car and stopped working.

Everything is working fine just no power to the head unit. Power wire was tested on multi meter and had nothing

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
3,763 Posts
Don't know what that fuse is for but it's not the one I would have associated with the music system. The head unit usually has two supplies - one switched and one permanently live - and this might be the latter (do your internal lights etc. work). If so then something else on this line might be short circuiting. But even then I would expect your radio to work on the other supply, even if it needs recoding every time.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,555 Posts
that fuse that you have pointed out works the Radio, Side lights Relay, Dipped Lights Relay, Ultrasonic Alarm sensor, alarm siren, multifunction display, sat nav computer, mobile communication interface, tachograph and main beam relay, so any one of those could be causing it to blow

and the 15A with the picture of the stereo on runs a whole load of stuff including the stereo including headlamps

so if your headlights work, both those fuses are ok and you need to be looking elsewhere for the problem, have you checked the back of the stereo as after market head units normally have a fuse in the back of them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts