Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my Espace to Renault London West, to have a Parrot 3100 phone car kit fitted. They were quoting £199 inc VAT fitted on a big poster. Not from £199 for £199. They were out of stock on the Parrot kit so I waited 5 weeks. Booked in for yesterday, took it in 9am, 3pm they rang me to say the job is too big to do for £199 and it would now be £700 fitted. I quoted the trades description act at them and asked them to honour their poster's advert. They refused.
After all the grief I have had with Renault with my Vel Satis, I can't be bothered pursuing it further. Went to Halfrauds, saw the Parrot 3200 with the full colour screen, v. nice. Fitted for £199 plus £50 for special extension leads for the Espace. Being fitted next week. Shall wait and see outcome.

Surely there must be other Espace's with bluetooth car kits fitted?

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
I would've thought that a Renault dealer would've known the full extent of a job on a Renault...

That's really bad form to put you through all that hassle.

Personally speaking, because I move from vehicle to vehicle, I just use a bluetooth headset with my phone just to save this kind of grief.

I'd be strongly inclined to make a bit of noise to the Dealer Principal (and Renault UK) about this poor service.

Still, at least they didn't just fit it and present you with a bill for the increased amount (small mercy).

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Under the sale of goods act they must withdraw the offer, I presume they had wording underneath the main offer saying subject to conditions.

I would report this to trading standards, Even if they have the correct wording including exclusions It will make them sit up and take note, cause them a bit of grief anyway.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Under the sale of goods act they must withdraw the offer, I presume they had wording underneath the main offer saying subject to conditions.

I would report this to trading standards, Even if they have the correct wording including exclusions It will make them sit up and take note, cause them a bit of grief anyway.

Regards

Ottoman
There are no exclusions on their poster. It say's quite clearly Parrot 3100 Fully fitted for £199 inc. Vat.
Not from £199, no excluding this or that vehicle.
I told them to remove the poster, they refused.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
There are no exclusions on their poster. It say's quite clearly Parrot 3100 Fully fitted for £199 inc. Vat.
Not from £199, no excluding this or that vehicle.
I told them to remove the poster, they refused.
I would pursue it then, even if nothing comes of it they are going to feel some heat..

Regards

Ottoman
:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I too have a Parrot 3200 in my Espace. Fitted this in Aug last year.

The 3200 cost around £130 + the extension lead cost around £15.

Took less than 2 hours to fit.

Parrot kits are dead simple to fit. They tap into your ISO connectors for power and sound.

The extension lead is needed only for the Espace as the 'head' unit is in the boot where the power and speaker connectors go, whilst the parrot display unit and microphone need to go to the front of the vehicle.

To be honest, I've got the Parrot 3100 installed in my other car and it's much better (and cheaper).

The 3100 has a monochrome dispay but is more crisp than the 3200's colour screen.

The both work the same and are fantastic bits of kit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks,
I have it booked in at Halfrauds, on Monday. I had to order a special extension kit, which I now have. So fingers crossed. 3200 fitted £199 plus £50 for extension kit, big bag of complicated wiring.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Carphonewarehouse are doing a special at the moment for the CK3200 Colour £149 fitted. A mobile installer comes and fits it anywhere you choose. Having mine fitted Monday. The only extra was cable at £15 on top of this price for my Laguna. The unit is delivered to your home address which you pass onto the fitter when he arrives. :d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts