Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, was in my local Renault dealer the other day and saw that they had the Parrot bluetooth handsfree device on the parts department desk.

Does anyone have one fo these, think it was the Ck3100 i was looking at but they had a few different ones. Are they easy to fit and how good are they once fitted, i dont want wires all over and id rather it look discreet so to keep the little sods from nicking it. Do i need any other wires extra so it connects to my standard Cd/Radio also would it play through the speakers and where would the microphone be in the car?

Hope someone has one and might be able to help. I am going to get a friend hopefully to fit it as he does our fleet of vans at work and said he will charge me £20 to fit it.

Thank You.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi,

A number of Members have the Parrot hands free fitted to there cars, Halfords are doing it for £99 fitted at the moment.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Do a search on 'Parrot' and you should turn up a few threads. If you have the standard single-slot CD player, then it should be a doddle to fit, but if you have the in-dash 6 disc changer, then the ISO blocks are at the rear of the car instead of behind the stereo, and you'll need to buy or make some extension cables.

The CK3000 Evolution is the most discrete kit, consisting of a small 'pod' about a little over an inch long with buttons and a dial to control its functions. You can dial through the kit via voice dialling, and it will announce the ID of known callers in your own voice. For caller display and keypad dialling, you can still legally use your phone handset as long as it's in a fixed holder.

Other models feature built-in caller display, but are more obtrusive on the dash. I don't think any of them feature a dial keypad.

From a theft point of view, the control units are all hidden behind the dash in the location of your choice. The visible components alone aren't worth stealing. I doubt you'll have any problems.

Just bear in mind that Bluetooth tends to hammer your mobile battery (well it does on my Nokia at least.) It's worth investing in a cigar lighter charger in case your battery runs out while you're on the road, even if that does seem to defeat the object of having a wireless handsfree kit.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
If you have the standard single-slot CD player, then it should be a doddle to fit, but if you have the in-dash 6 disc changer, then the ISO blocks are at the rear of the car instead of behind the stereo, and you'll need to buy or make some extension cables.
:confused: I could understand that if the cd changer was in the back of the car - but why are the connectors at the back of the car if the changer is mounted in the dash?

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
:confused: I could understand that if the cd changer was in the back of the car - but why are the connectors at the back of the car if the changer is mounted in the dash?
When they cram a 6 disc CD changer into a single DIN unit, there's no room inside for the amp and tuner. Instead, they stick them in a separate box somewhere else, and that's what the ISOs are wired to. On my Laguna, the tuner/amp box it's in the glove compartment where the sat-nav CD reader used to be on the phase 1. On the Scenic, I believe it's in the boot :crazy:

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi thanks for your responses on this, i would like a system so i can see the name of the person calling or see names in my phone book think the Parrot CK3100 would probably be my best option. I only have the standard single CD headunit would i need any other leads for the rear of the radio so that it cuts of the music when it rings? Where would be the best place to mount it in my Scenic II so it makes it easier for installation and user friendliness! :)

Thank You

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
When they cram a 6 disc CD changer into a single DIN unit, there's no room inside for the amp and tuner. Instead, they stick them in a separate box somewhere else, and that's what the ISOs are wired to. On my Laguna, the tuner/amp box it's in the glove compartment where the sat-nav CD reader used to be on the phase 1. On the Scenic, I believe it's in the boot :crazy:
I know that - the 6 cd changer is just that - a changer, no amp or tuner built in.
The tuner /amp is located immediately above the indash changer on our Laguna and Megane in another single sized din unit. It is the standard cabasse unit in the Laguna and std tuner list in the megane. No amp etc in the boot/rear/under seat/in glove box etc.

As the initiale has an upgraded cabasse unit over the normal cabasse units as in the Privilege models etc it may well have a separate amp.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is a CK3100 on Ebay for £81.50 + £6 P&P think this is a good buy, will get a technician at work to fit it for me so all in just over £100 fitted. Hopefully it will be a straight forward!

Famous last words!

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi,

As I have said Halfords have an offer on at the moment £99 fully fitted, Ebay would you receive a warranty and does it include all parts.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
I know that - the 6 cd changer is just that - a changer, no amp or tuner built in.
The tuner /amp is located immediately above the indash changer on our Laguna and Megane in another single sized din unit.
Yep, that's what they do when they designed the car with a spare DIN slot. Where there's only a single DIN to start out with or the spare one is already in use (e.g. sat-nav controls) they either put a 6 disc changer in the boot, or put the changer in the dash and stick the tuner/amp in a separate box somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
I was just trying to calrify the situation by saying that it is not always the case if an in dash 6 disc cd changer is in use.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi
I had a parrott ck3000 fitted to my Secnic it was fantastic muted radio, sound was good through speakers.
I did have a cd changer this work fine with the kit.
I now drive another make of car and have had the kit fitted in that.
Nothing but praise for parrot kits their really good.
Go for it you won't regret it
Ian

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
I have only one criticism of the CK3000 Evolution that we stuck in the Clio. For some reason, it briefly mutes the stereo twice in quick succession when you first start the engine.

Though that could be a quirk of the phone (a pretty old Motorola V600.)

It also mutes the stereo for text messages and text message reminders (a Moto feature that nags you every now and again if you have an unread message.)

So I suppose that's two criticisms.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I have the ck3100 fitted in my vel satis. Superb system much better than the renault factory fitted phone kit. Pack came complete with everything and my amp etc is under the rear passenger seat and I was still able to route the cables etc to the dash for the mic and display.
Im not technical but I decided to have a go at installing it and the whole thing took approx 20mins (once I found the amp) really easy.
Currently £89 on amazon .co.uk.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the ck3100 fitted in my vel satis. Superb system much better than the renault factory fitted phone kit. Pack came complete with everything and my amp etc is under the rear passenger seat and I was still able to route the cables etc to the dash for the mic and display.
Im not technical but I decided to have a go at installing it and the whole thing took approx 20mins (once I found the amp) really easy.
Currently £89 on amazon .co.uk.
Hi Vel Satisfied

I am thinking about one of these for my vel satis (yes, I'm satisfied too). Do you have any photo's of how, why, where, when etc? Was it easy to link with the Cabasse and does it auto mute? Have you linked it to the pre-installed speakers and mike? Has anybody phoned you? :rofl: [Nobody phones me :( ]

Edit: Where is the amp?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I have a Parrot CK3100 fitted in my Clio and it works a treat but I would say that wouldn't I because I work for a company that supply and fit them in the Portsmouth and Southampton Area. In our experience they work far better than any of the phone manufacturers own kits, The CK3100 come with a LCD display which is great for caller ID and changing any of the settings .The microphone in my car is positioned by the front interior light just above the drivers seat and work well. Once you have paired your phone to it initially that is it really, job done,
I would not hesitate to recommend the Parrot CK3100 to anyone.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts