Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there was wondering if anyone could help me out i just got my clio back from having my nearside pannel & bumper reapaired n the garage i took it to has done a really good job but wen the sun shines on it the paintwork dosent seem shiny as the rest of the car it looks dull like its needs something on it like a buffer or a polish of somesort but when you look at it very closely its looks matching its only wen the suns on it it dosent match is this usual? the bumper is ok but its only that pannel is there anyway i can solve this problem

thanks terry

P

·
0 Posts
Have you spoken to the bodyshop that did the work?

If it only shows up in direct sunlight, they probably wont have noticed it in the workshop (and I doubt it'll show up in a photo).
Assuming that they've done a decent job, I'm sure that they'll be able to polish it up for you with very little effort :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just uploaded the picture when you look at it from that distance you can really see it but if you look really closely you can see the rest of the bodyworks an olive coulor n that looks slighty white ish when the guy showed me i was really imprssed looked so good but wen i opened the door i saw it n since then its just kind of bugged me lol

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Totally agree with what Pat's said.

Don't try anything yourself, or you'll give them an excuse to blame you for any dullness.

Its probably needing a compound & polish, but its best left to those who know what they are doing (and are responsible for the work).

HTH

Paul

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for your help guys i rang the guy who did the work after getting my car cleaned i found all the dirt that was on the boot had got stuck to it because he over sprayed that pannel and the was a bit on the bumper he sanded down but left he said he would have a look with me on tuesday and take it from there but i dont know what rights i have ? i mean do i have the right to get renault to sort out the problem and make him pay for it even if it costs more or let him sort out this error in which case im very worried it will come out as bad as it is

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Did you book the car into the repairer directly or was it done through an insurance company or dealer?.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i didnt go through my insurance cz the marks i had where there when i bought the car i got a quote from the guy then i booked the car in on his website he promises a factory finesh that loses no shine at 50% cheaper than an old fashioned body shop

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Ah right,I just wondered whether it was an insurance repair or one that a dealer had booked for you.

It sounds like a shoddy job (dirt under the lacquer on the bumper is really not a good sign of quality workmanship) and needs to be sorted at the repairers cost.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Totally agree.

It sounds like a rush job, as preparation is what's important here, between all stages of the job.

I would wonder if he's even tried spraying outdoors, or with a lock-up door open? As that's a recipe for disaster.

I'd take plenty of pics as evidence, and also make Trading Standards aware (don't tell him this, give him the opportunity to correct his blunder).

HTH

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts