Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for helping me ottoman. the cable is ok but i guess the catch stucked that's why i can not open the bonnet. i tried to push down the front of the bonnet near the catch and a litltle bit of up and down on the front of the bonnet while my sister pulling down the release but still stucked. :confused:

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
I've just had exactly the same problem with my megane - if you do manage to get it opened (mainly with perseverance!) then make sure you get all the mechanisms moving properly and lubricate all over.

Then you gotta try and shut the blastard thing! Thought i was gonna be stuck outside mums all night! Eventually with a bit of manipulation its shut, i just hope to god it stays down when i'm on the motorway :eek:

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your advise superbiatch. i'll surely do that once i opened the bonnet but what band of lubricant would you recommend? im hoping somebody will teach me the technique on opening stucked bonnets as i need to top up the break fluid already. regards.

·
Registered
27 Posts
same problem

Hi, have same problem all the time,really needs a new cable but i can get mine open if someone really and i mean really puts pressure on the center of the bonnet while pulling hard on the bonnet catch, try wd40 on all parts you can get too, might work:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had this on my Laguna I, after leaving it standing for seven months. The battery was flat, so i needed the bonnet open to move it anywhere. I seem to remember the garage who finally sprung it did it from underneath with long screwdrivers, but it was a pig as it was really seized. Then paid nearly £200 to have the cable and catches changed. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hello mystic! i actually managed to get the catch on the passenger side opened. i just need extra effort to open other one. hope it would be soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jean that's too expensive for catch and cable but then i really don't want to get bothered again by this so i might just replace them as well.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
jean that's too expensive for catch and cable but then i really don't want to get bothered again by this so i might just replace them as well.
I had the same problem with my laguna and the only way i managed it was to remove the lever assembly from the the inside of the car behind the panel dimmer control and pulled on the cable.
By removing the lever you remove some of the bends in the cable and can pull it in a straight line and this made it easier to open.
Replacement of the cable and lubricating the catches cured the problem after that.
I think the cable was about twenty quid. If you do replace it ty the new cable to the old one and this makes it easier to get through the bulkhead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hardingclan

we got our laguna bonnet open by my hubby pulling the leaver inside while i pulled the bonnet up from the outside. the problem on ours being the left hand catch needs some lube

1 - 11 of 11 Posts