Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I'm hoping for some more great help on this forum - my 02 renault megane coupe boot switch fell out ( who knows why - just old?) and I pushed it back in and then it fell out again and I stupidly lost it. Any idea where I can get a cheap new one? And how much it is likely to fit it unless i'ts just simply screwing it back in properly this time which I totally forgot to check? I live in North Norfolk

Thanks again for advice hopefuly!

·
Diamond dismember
221 Posts
my 02 renault megane coupe boot switch fell out ( who knows why - just old?) and I pushed it back in and then it fell out again and I stupidly lost it. Any idea where I can get a cheap new one? And how much it is likely to fit it unless i'ts just simply screwing it back in properly this time which I totally forgot to check?
I'd pay a visit to the local scrappy, or check eBay, as many scrapyards sell small parts like this there.
Also, some garages sell unused spare parts on eBay at a reduced price when they want them out of stock, as they haven't been able to shift them locally.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi had the same thing happen to my car, got a new after market button from ebay (had to spraypaint it to the correct colour tho only black as std) for £7 only took 15 mins to fit, most buttons on ebay come with complete step by step instructions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi to both helpers thank you

I've looked on e-bay and found one only - it's a used T reg one for £15 this seems quite a bit when I don't know if it will work with my car or is it a bargain??

Viv

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey there. I would advise you go to you local scrap yard.
The unit is held in by a small rubber o-ring. On the inside of button there is a long shaft with a ridge to hold the o-ring in place

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try out item number 310306426219 on ebay £9.99 free postage full fitting instuction (photos as well)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi
Thanks - I have just missed a T reg one on e-bay for £15 and was not sure if this was a good price or if it would fit my 02 in anycase

Viv

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.