Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right guys im in need of some advice.i own a s plated 1.6 scenic and have the following problem.

every now and then i keep getting the door open warning light come on and the main lights inside the car light up,ive stopped me car and got out to double check every door is locked which they are. any ideas on this one also whilst investergateing the problem this morning i found the metal clip with is inside the boot where the door comes down and locks onto(the middle of the door) is loose and has lots of play in it.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
I would first check for any eroded insulation on the wiring wherever it is accesible. A visual check is much cheaper than a dealer's diagnostics check. Mucky fuse-boxes can also cause problems if the muck (usually oily) manages to bridge some connection or other.

I'd say, have a THOROUGH visual inspection first in relevant places. Sorry I can't be more specific as mine is a Laguna but someone will be along with an opinion soon, I'm sure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
right guys im in need of some advice.i own a s plated 1.6 scenic and have the following problem.

every now and then i keep getting the door open warning light come on and the main lights inside the car light up,ive stopped me car and got out to double check every door is locked which they are. any ideas on this one also whilst investergateing the problem this morning i found the metal clip with is inside the boot where the door comes down and locks onto(the middle of the door) is loose and has lots of play in it.
DONT WANT TO SOUND OBVIOUS BUT CAN YOU NOT TIGHTEN IT UP

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
I would try Tightening it up first Golden G
Regards Leroy

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
That squared off U bolt that the boot lid hooks on was loose in my last Scenic, and is loose in my new one. I think it's deliberate. More probable is one of the plastic switches that shows the 4 passenger doors open/closed. Usually down at the bottom of the door on the car, plunger type switch. They'reheld in place with 4 bits of plastic which stick out from each one, inside the hollow box section. With time this plastic becomes brittle and one or more snap off, leaving the switch able to drop inside the box section and show the door open. Obvious how to replace (if it is that!).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right latest ive found out about this fault.

last night everytime i put the blowers on max speed the door warning light and main lights inside the car came on by them selfs does anyone have any clues please.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts