Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've just fixed an issue with my front wipers, a 20A fuse had gone in the box next to the battery, as I didn't have a spare fuse I borrowed another 20a fuse to confirm the wipers now work. However I now have a braking fault error and abs light when I start the car. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,839 Posts
This may be a silly question but where did you borrow the fuse from?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a 20a one from the bottom left of fuse box to the right of the battery

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also removed the 50a ones from the compartment in front of the battery to check if any of them had blown

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Also could somebody confirm these fuses are in the correct location, I can't quite remember if the top one is in the correct slot

·
Super mod..
29,420 Posts
Car year and fuel type might help ,, members might have info but will need to know this info to comment.. posts like your often get ignored when they dont know what the vehicle is.. ;)

·
Super mod..
29,420 Posts
Oh of course sorry, its 2008 clio 3 ripcurl
Now note that I have put this in your account details and it will come up automatically every time you post..see the bottom of your posts..

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,839 Posts
Can't help on positions but have you tried sticking a 20a back in the slot you borrowed from?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just to confirm - you replaced the blown fuse number 8 (20a) (that's the wiper one, third from the left in the top row)? ... With the bottom left 20a one that's in the second row, ie hidden under the plastic shroud, that's the fog lamps. Abs is fuse 5, 10a, but in this box it's very easy to disturb something other than the one you intended.

·
Registered
242 Posts
On the other box, the one that's hooked on to the front of the battery box, the 50a looks like it's one space out, I think it should be next to the nut with the green corrosion on it. But I'd like to be sure by checking ours in the daylight tomorrow, that is the ABS master 50 amp one. If you can wait I'll take a pic of ours and put it up here.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,939 Posts
if you cannot see whats up with that picture you are not looking very well
Verdigris around the connection that feeds the bussbar that feeds the fuses,
undo the nut,.... clean the connection, and anything that connector runs to

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All sorted now, the 50a fuse needed moving one slot over, drove around a car park for 5 mins and fault cleared

·
42,939 Posts
have you cleaned that connector up..
Its going to come back and bite you on the bum.
Get it done now, while you get the chance..

·
Registered
242 Posts
Glad you fixed it. If you do clean the nut then do disconnect the battery first, 'cos that nut is on a permanent live feed even with the engine off. 🙂

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi everyone i have Renualt logan II Sandero II Model 2019 i have issu , Code is DF304 , please anyone know this type error

·
42,939 Posts
if it's 2019, take your diagnostics OFF the car, car is covered under warranty..

·
Registered
242 Posts
On the other box, the one that's hooked on to the front of the battery box, the 50a looks like it's one space out, I think it should be next to the nut with the green corrosion on it. But I'd like to be sure by checking ours in the daylight tomorrow, that is the ABS master 50 amp one. If you can wait I'll take a pic of ours and put it up here.
Here it is, it may help others:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts