Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, thought I would put up a brief review on the Laguna Privilege 1.9DCI. 2002 model

Beautiful paintwork, stunning to look at and I love the blue/green effect it has.
Loads of hidden toys, auto closing windows, retracting mirrors, voice synth, rain sensitive wipers, automatic lights.
Pulls away with relative ease, 1st, as always is not great , but into 2nd and 3rd are both great for pulling past.
6th gear (your right) was a dream on the motorway, cruising at 85-90 on the motorway felt more like 50, and 6th gear put the rev counter just over 2k revs, so very silent drive
Handles wonderfull, does not seem to tilt too much on sharper bends, and appears to hold the road really well, whilst maintaining a smoother ride than a sporty car.

Its a great car.

Dealer warranty covers everything important, and I have a non renault valve in one wheel, they are replacing it, no problem, and for the life I have the car and if I have them do the repairs, all diagnostics from the computer are free, and I am also able to source the part myself, pay for it, and simply pay them to install it, so cheaper still, and of course the computer will make sure I get the right parts.

I have to say I am impressed, and very pleased with it.

If I had to say one negative thing it would be that the aircon does not go below 16 degrees C but then I think only US cars go lower.

If your looking for one, get this one, and try to get the one that looks blue in the pictures.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh well, I could be wrong, read something somewhere about enabling and dissabling them, assumed it included mine as it stated privilege and upwards, but maybe not :-(

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Up until 04 it was only auto wipers that the Privilege & Initiale had

Auto lights were fitted to 04 models onwards, but only on the Expression,privilege & Initiale models ( not sure about GT)
Dynamiques only had auto wipers but not auto lights.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Yep, my previous Priv (2.0 IDE) was a 2002 model. It had auto wipers, but definitely no auto lights.

I find the climate control annoying too, and I don't understand why they've done it like this. Most cars, including the Laguna I, have 'min' and 'max' temperature settings off either end of the scale. I don't know why they didn't think it was necessary when designing the Lag II's climate.

If you're driving alone and you really want cold air on your face, then you can crank the passenger side up to 26 degrees and the driver's side down to 16. But that's the only way you can get it to blow cold air if the interior temperature is already below 16.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts