Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, MY DRIVESHAFT HAS JUST PULLED OUT OF THE INNER JOINT ON MT 98 SCENIC 1.6. I FITTED A NEW ONE TODAY, AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED. AFTER MUCH SWEATING I GOT THE REAR ENGINE MOUNT OFF AND FOUND THE CASTING HAD BROKEN. I'M WONDERING IF THAT WAS THE CAUSE OF THE DRIVESHAFT PROBLEM, OR MAYBE THERE'S SOMETHING WORSE HAPPENING. HAS ANYONE ANY IDEAS? AS I DARENT PUT ANOTHER DRIVESHAFT ON.:confused:

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi yes as Chris has said when your pushing the shaft back in you will meet a little resistance and then with a good hard push it should push in all the way where buy the sirclip holds it in place.Watch when you are doing this as not to damage the seal that holds the oil back in the box i hope this helps all the best Donald.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Chris and Donald,but the righthand dshaft isn't fastened to the inner joint by a circlip, this seems ridiculous, because a broken rear engine mount simply lets it come apart. When it happens on a dangerous junction it is not nice! Ijust wonder whether these mountings are prone to break as they seem rather flimsy. Anyway I'm fitting a new mount tommorow, hope that solves it.Thanks again .Ps. it's the 8 valve model.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Oh i thought wrong sorry i hope you get this sorted and please let us know how you get on all the best cheers Donald

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fitted New Engine Mount And Managed To Push Driveshaft Back Into Cv Joint, All Seems Ok At The Moment, Just A Bit Nervous Driving It Now. Thanks For Your Reply.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts