Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've broken the bracket that the gear shifter cables attach to. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? They look the same for all PK4 boxes - can anyone comfirm this? Dealer not being much use -is it even available from the dealer? Part is circled in the picture (not my gearbox).

I may be able to reinforce it myself if all else fails - or may have to have a good rummage round many scrap yards.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Is the part alloy or does it join to alloy? It could be welded if metal. Cast alloy would not produce as strong a weld......and it would need Tig.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is alloy (else I'd have had my mig out by now). Dealer has come up with something, but not until next week. May see how things go if I try botching it or do it properly. I don't think it is under too much strain, so may be OK.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
You sure that's a PK4 box? Looks very like a PK6 to me. And that bracket looks the same as PK6 cable bracket.
If you can wait till monday I can get the part number for you and you can take it to your local dealer

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the dealer has found the number, but whether I can wait until next week is the question... But thanks for the offer.

It is just a picture I found off eBay to show to the dealer - so can't be sure it is PK4 - looks pretty similar to mine - especially the bracket.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
If that looks like yours I would chance getting one of a PK6 and trying it. There should be plenty of PK6s in scrapyards, they were an awful gearbox

1 - 6 of 6 Posts