Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this young FA supporter (see attachment) is searching for a budget accommodation in London from May 30th till June 7th. He will bring is sister and his parents. Any recommendations?

Your help is very appreciated!

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
His knees are in a sorrier state than my daughter's, and that's saying something!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
depends what part of London you are looking at
where all the tourists are :) city centre, Greenwich, maybe Legoland...
but it's ok to travel a little bit (30-45 min), as long as it reachable by public transportation

@selwonk
yes, that's how football player's knees look like (at least in the lower leagues, and wearing the 'three lions' in Germany ;) ) - to be honest he recently fell from his kickboard :(

S

·
0 Posts
Ah! That explains it!

Looks like you will be Ok with some accomodation with

Chris M ;)

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Feedback

I just want to give some feedback. The Travelodge Hotel at Kew Bridge was a nice and clean place to stay. We were very lucky with the weather, lot of sunshine (including some sunburn!), so the room was heated up a lot and they don't have AC. We kept the window open all night and heared the street noise, but this was bearable...

We have been to many places in London: eg. Legoland, Greenwich, The Wetland Centre in Barnes, some Museums, or just stroll around in Little Venice or visite some playground...

We enjoyed this week very much, though it was an expensive week. London's prices rised a lot the last 7 years. This was my first visite with the whole family (2 Kids) and this will not be the last!

S

·
0 Posts
Fantastic! Glad you had a good time. In other parts of the UK we've had nothing but rain so I'm glad you had some nice weather

·
19,360 Posts
I just want to give some feedback. The Travelodge Hotel at Kew Bridge was a nice and clean place to stay. We were very lucky with the weather, lot of sunshine (including some sunburn!), so the room was heated up a lot and they don't have AC. We kept the window open all night and heared the street noise, but this was bearable...

We have been to many places in London: eg. Legoland, Greenwich, The Wetland Centre in Barnes, some Museums, or just stroll around in Little Venice or visite some playground...

We enjoyed this week very much, though it was an expensive week. London's prices rised a lot the last 7 years. This was my first visite with the whole family (2 Kids) and this will not be the last!
Glad you enjoyed it, esp as I recomeneded the travel lodge in Kew. Did you enjoy the wetlands ? It's about 5 mins from me down here in sunny SW London.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
But do try to visit other parts of England also - such as Liverpool ;)
Well, I have been to Manchester once (one week training for some Sun Microsystems stuff), and I have been to Scottland for a couple of days. I think about going to the Midlands, Wales and Devon&Cornwall.
Sorry to hear that you have really bad weather there right now!

May I invite you to Germany!? Saying it with Owen Hargreaves "I am a big fan of Germany. As long as we don't play against them!" ;)
BTW: Germany is the bast place to celebrate the Three Lions' European Championship next year, since AT and CH are very close.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad you enjoyed it, esp as I recomeneded the travel lodge in Kew. Did you enjoy the wetlands ? It's about 5 mins from me down here in sunny SW London.
Yes, the Wetlands is a very nice place. We have been there on a very sunny day, much too hot for the City but very nice for the Wetlands. My kids enjoyed the playground there, the simulation of rain from clounds was their fav. attraction. When they came back from playing my son was dripdry... :)
Have you ever been there?

·
19,360 Posts
Yes, the Wetlands is a very nice place. We have been there on a very sunny day, much too hot for the City but very nice for the Wetlands. My kids enjoyed the playground there, the simulation of rain from clounds was their fav. attraction. When they came back from playing my son was dripdry... :)
Have you ever been there?
Hi, I went there a few times when it was new and the kids were little. It is actually built on an old water treatment site, I think the lakes were the settlement beds. With the current flood warnings on the Thames ans the wetlands being fairly low lying, I would think there may be some concern amongst the staff at the minute.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Back in England

This was my first visite with the whole family (2 Kids) and this will not be the last!
the Terminater sayed "I'll be back!" Yes, I will be back in England, too. I intend to stay 10 days in June and well, I think I need your help!
This time we want to concentrate on the rural part of England, the south coast and the South West. As nobody knows England better than you, do you have any "must sees" for me and my family?
keep in mind: my kids are 7 and 9... :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts