Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi when my blower's have been on full for 5 mins or so there is a burning smell in the car :confused: is there anything i can do to stop this???

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
No smoke without fire Eh! - it sounds like your heater motor on its way out - if left alone it will either catch fire or stop working altogether you'll either end up very warm or very cold - take your pick. - I suggest you get it sorted soon. If you act soon you may be able make a repair - otherwise its a trip to the breakers yard. Let's kow what happens!

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
No smoke without fire Eh! - it sounds like your heater motor on its way out - if left alone it will either catch fire or stop working altogether you'll either end up very warm or very cold - take your pick. - I suggest you get it sorted soon. If you act soon you may be able make a repair - otherwise its a trip to the breakers yard. Let's kow what happens!

Blower motors are a weak spot on Megane IIs.

Regards

Ottoman
:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Right just been on the phone to a local mechanic (friend of a friend) He thinks it could be that there is an oil leak somewhere that's hitting the exhaust then burning off in the first 5 mins that's why i am getting the burning smell, mentioned the blower heater could be at fault, but he kind of dismissed the idea of heater motor but says he will have a look at it FOC so I will see and post back !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts