Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my road tax last month by using the online facility and all went well, paid my £110 for the year for my 1.5 diesel Scenic, got the tax disk within a couple of days....great.

Today I have just had email notification of my application ????

"Application made on: 30/04/2007 17:15:36 Tax Disc Period: 12 months Tax Disc Duty: £180.00
The Tax Disc and receipt should arrive in the post within 5 working days."

Why would I apply again a month later and pay £180 for it. No wonder people are getting caught without thier tax disks if the prats at DVLA are doing this.

O

·
0 Posts
Selwonk - you been moonlighting again for the DVLA....... this is just the sort of thing one of his systems would do;)

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I think its a lot better and safer to pop down your local Post Office and get the nice lady to stamp you disc and keep all the Post Offices open and give them business they need.

Regards

Dave:)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
I think its a lot better and safer to pop down your local Post Office and get the nice lady to stamp you disc and keep all the Post Offices open and give them business they need.

Regards

Dave:)
I agree , but they have closed that many in Rural Scotland that you have to travel many miles now to find a Post Office.

You will be getting a fixed fine notice in the post next Asterix ?

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bit that gets me is that there is a phone number but it is an 0870 number. Now I am with homecall and all of my national phone calls are free except 0870 and 0845 numbers, so they can go and shove it up their ar$e

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
That'll be why I get mine from the post office ;)

Had enough hassle with the DVLA transfering my number plate to the Lag :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
ah but before i got my scenic i had a swedish car the ones that ,psychos drive as they have no care for other road users,i purchased my road tax for said car online,a day later got stopped by mr plod,no rt on car but mr plod new i had it,seems the post office is a thing of the past why que for 20mins when you can do your business in 5 without driving anywhere,more time for beer and watching ray mears,,:) :)

i understand the save our post offices bit but im a mail man work for a council and i would say direct contact is faster.:)

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Got mine from the local post office, while I was in there the postmaster saw my insurance was short and gave me a leaflet for PO insurance with £50 cashback. Checked it out and it was a better deal than the existing insurance.
When the postal order came for the cashback the OH took it down and the postmaster was so happy he took a copy of the letter and displayed it.

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice bonus Chris

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Got mine from the local post office, while I was in there the postmaster saw my insurance was short and gave me a leaflet for PO insurance with £50 cashback. Checked it out and it was a better deal than the existing insurance.
When the postal order came for the cashback the OH took it down and the postmaster was so happy he took a copy of the letter and displayed it.
Great stuff Chris, Another saving on the running cost's .:)

Regards

Ottoman

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Free 0870 and 0845 numbers

The bit that gets me is that there is a phone number but it is an 0870 number. Now I am with homecall and all of my national phone calls are free except 0870 and 0845 numbers, so they can go and shove it up their ar$e

Have a look at this site Asterix, I am with homecall and get free UK calls I also get around 90% free 0870 and 0845 calls using this site...................:) .

SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I have been using the site quite a lot, don't know what we would do without it.....unfortunately there are not always alternate numbers....but as you say, it works most of the time

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
Better off using the post office at least then you have got it straight away, so much of our post either goes missing or turns up weeks late !!!!

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
unfortunately our local post office closed, even now the one in Uxbridge town centre is going to close. They are talking about putting it in WH Smiths, dont know where the cat is going to be swung though.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Yeah, i decided i'd rather wait in the giant queue at the post office rather than try to get one online, seems like less hassle that way, and i get the disc straight away.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts