Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was getting bad reception so took it to renault and they sat it needs a new aerial lead.

When i took the stereo out of the dash to look at the back theres no aerial lead as you would expect to find but just a big loom and 1 big multi-pin plug.

My car is a Vel Satis by the way with satnav so the stereo is linked to the CD reader unit in the glove box and also the control panel for the satnav and the lcd screen.

I believe the aerial unit/booster is in the centre of the roof but what i really want to know is, is there someone on this forum with a bit of inside knowlege about how this complicated system is wired together. The lead i need is about 60quid but renault want to charge me 4 hours labour to the job is nearly 400 quid!!

I need to try and do this myself.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi,

If you do a search there is a number of posts regarding this subject, The aerial is in the roof it can corrode with condensation etc. a number of Members have repaired or replaced it.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Otto or anyone,

Would love to read the thread referred to above where people have replaced aeriel leads. Need to do mine and cant find wnything on the subject.

Please help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts