Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There

Hope someone can help on here as I haven't been able to find any solution to the following problem - even Renault seem stumped (should I be surprised??)

My radio with built in 6 CD player has an odd fault. The CD player works perfectly fine - no problems with sound, controls etc.

When driving, if I switch to Radio, I get the channel name when in FM, or frequency when in MW/LW, however no audio out put - not even static hiss.

If however the engine is OFF then the radio works fine - station name is displayed, I can change station, volume, settings etc.

Its when I switch on the engine that I lose the radio altogether. CD continues working though.

Any got any ideas or suggestions????

Cheers

Per

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has no-one else come across this problem before? I have tried disconnecting the radio (pulled it out of its housing) and disconnected the two multi pin plugs - no effect. I haven't disconnected the battery from the car though - before I do this I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas at all?

Also with the cabasse system is there an amplifier in the car, other than what is in the dashboard? Where is it? Haven't been able to find where Renault have hidden it! Maybe something has come adrift there?

Also, whilst there is an aerial on the roof, there is no conventional aerial socket on the back of the radio - where is the radio signal fed to in the radio? Does it all use the cars wiring loom? or maybe its attached to the hidden amp??

Please help - I hate not having a radio working whilst driving!!!

Cheers

Per

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.