Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a new 7 drawer roll cab, does anyone know a good dealer/supplier/maker?? (i know snap-on are very good, but there a bit too expensive for me) for round about a couple of hundred £££.

just lookin for any recommendations, views etc

cheers all.......

·
Registered
88 Posts
Have you applied for a Halfords trade card they give a huge discount off of toolboxes if my memory serves me right i think about 1/2 the retail you only need a couple of pay slips or pprove you are in the trade to register

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i have, enquired about one of there better boxes/roll cab with the trade card, and was only getting £7 off:(

·
Registered
88 Posts
they advertise cheepest trade price in town it says so on the card i challenged them once and thay did better the price might be worth a try

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I gave up on Snap-On a long time ago........their prices are ridiculous and I have better things to spend my money on now.:eek:

MAC do some good boxes,but our local independant dealer does some good quality boxes from Cornwell.They are an American make with a life time warranty,like Snap-on,but they are affordable,unlike Snap-on!.I take delivery of my new roll cab and top box in a fortnight!.I've had Snap-on and Mac boxes up til now,the last one was big enough to move into,but now I need a smaller box so it can be transported from work to home easily.

I'll post some pictures when it arrives,if your interested.I've ordered it in yellow,which should look nice with a few Ferrari stickers on.

Talking of Ferrari,Facom do some nice Ferrari badged boxes,but they are pretty difficult to get hold of........I know,I've tried!.

Sykes Pickavant boxes are OK,but avoid Sealey and other cheap makes.The boxes are made of cardboard!.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Here it is.....

It's a lot smaller than my last toolbox,but everything fits in there(just:rolleyes:),and now I can load the whole thing into the back of my car and use my tools at home.:)

Price wise,it was about 60% of what you'd pay for the equivalent Snap-on box,but quality is pretty much equal.

They come in black,yellow,red or blue.The stickers are optional.;);)

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
now I can load the whole thing into the back of my car and use my tools at home.:)
Hey Lag, an X-19 must have a bigger luggage area than I remember, or do you put it in the passenger seat and use a seatbelt to hold it in place :d

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I could probably fit the top box into the front luggage thingy on the Exxy,but it would go straight through the floor!

Ah,old Italian cars are fun......:d

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
good good,

how much was the roll cab,? lagdti

as i have the same top box, but its called tool marque. a nice bright yellow number

if i could get my hands on a roll cab the same as yours i will be laughing:rofl:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Here it is.....

It's a lot smaller than my last toolbox,but everything fits in there(just:rolleyes:),and now I can load the whole thing into the back of my car and use my tools at home.:)

Price wise,it was about 60% of what you'd pay for the equivalent Snap-on box,but quality is pretty much equal.

They come in black,yellow,red or blue.The stickers are optional.;);)
Just fit a drawbar and tow it about Lag's.

Regards

Ottoman
:d

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The top box and roll cab were £300 less expensive than I told my wife they were........:rolleyes:

Double the price of the one above.......and add a bit.......

Not sure how much the roll cab is on it's own.I'll find out on Thursday if your interested.:)

·
Registered
74 Posts
The top box and roll cab were £300 less expensive than I told my wife they were........:rolleyes:

Double the price of the one above.......and add a bit.......

Not sure how much the roll cab is on it's own.I'll find out on Thursday if your interested.:)
Ouch, Hope your wife don't read this :rofl:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
You and me both.......I must remember to log out after each visit to the forum!!!!!;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts