Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all

sorry if this has been posted before but i am a newbie and am not fully convese with the correct protocol of the site yet.

guys i have a 54 plate megane 2 96k on the clock i have owed since 6k i had the cam belt changed 30/12/09 15 months ago or 20k miles from my main dealer, i have had the engine warning light on for as long as i can remember as well as the service light but it runs fine, well i finally took it the car to be tested on a machine and the errors came back as such

fault memory
valve component fault
0340 cambelt sensor circuit valve outside limits intermittant
0340 cambelt sensor circuit camshaft tooth event present
0340 cambelt sensor circuit phaser measurment outside range present
0340 cambelt sensor circuit performance problem intermittant

any ideas guys as i was quoted £400 to put right for a cam belt that should last 5 years and 72000 miles ?

do reneault give any warranty with this type of work ?

to be honest i am getting fed up with the amout of issues lately from what has been a very good car, it still runs perfect etc

thank you all in advance for you replies

kind regards

Martin Burlock

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had similar problems on my 2005 megane 1.6. Today I changed the cambelt sensor which was a 20 minute DIY job. All seems fine now and I have cleared the codes from the memory using a RAC fault code reader purchased from Argos.

To begin with I had four fault codes all relating to the sensor circuit and camshaft sensor. The parts were £55 including vat from a Renault dealer.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Mburlock - welcome to the forum.:)

If you posted up the exact engine type you may have a better chance of receiving more replies.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry chaps

told you i was new and am unsure of the protocol

my engine is the 1.6 petrol vvt

hope that helps

kind regards and thank you

Martin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts