Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm about change the cambelt on my grandson kangoo what special tools will i need, and is there anything i should watch out for.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

You will need the locking kit,the crank pulley isn't key wayed so is free to move on the crank,you need to lock everything up and make sure the crank doesn't move!.Hopefully you're going to fit a belt kit,it should have a new crank pulley bolt in it,if it doesn't then get one as it must be replaced.

Although the dCi is common rail,the fuel pump still needs to be timed up as the camshaft sensor works of the pump pulley,this is an odd idea and catches some people out.On 99% of common rail engines the pump doesn't need to be timed up as all it does is provide high pressure diesel,but the 1.5 is an exception to this and if the pump isn't timed up the cam sensor will read incorrectly and cause starting/running problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

You will need the locking kit,the crank pulley isn't key wayed so is free to move on the crank,you need to lock everything up and make sure the crank doesn't move!.Hopefully you're going to fit a belt kit,it should have a new crank pulley bolt in it,if it doesn't then get one as it must be replaced.

Although the dCi is common rail,the fuel pump still needs to be timed up as the camshaft sensor works of the pump pulley,this is an odd idea and catches some people out.On 99% of common rail engines the pump doesn't need to be timed up as all it does is provide high pressure diesel,but the 1.5 is an exception to this and if the pump isn't timed up the cam sensor will read incorrectly and cause starting/running problems.
What does the locking it consist of,and can you make your own.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

lagtdi;732919 hi thanks for your reply what does the locking kit consist of,and can you make your own.:d

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The kits usually come as a set that do the 1.9 and 2.2 engines as well so it's difficult to show you the exact bits you need.if I remember I'll have a look at the kit we have at work and get back you (unless someone else replies before hand:)).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts