Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where you can get a cambelt fitted for a Renault Avantime 2ltr apart from Renault dealers?:cool:

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi Craig and welcome.

I'd reckon any reputable garage could give you a quote.

I get a price from renault, then ask around local garages (which you've heard good reports about, obviously) for the same job (using renault parts).

if you are stuck, try this link for objective opinions; http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/directory/

HTH

Paul

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Wherever you get it done make sure they replace EVERYTHING not just the cam belt. the belt, tensioners crankshaft pulley bolt and also multi function belt and tensioners need replacing too. Alot of independant garages replace only the timing belt! Big mistake............

R

·
0 Posts
Hello Craig and welcome to the forum :)

It's also possible to replace the belt yourself if your a competent DIYer? There are timing belt kits available that contain belt rollers and tensioner pulley belt and some even come with a water pump. The 2.0 F4R engines after 2003 have timing belt driven water pumps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for reply problem seems to be that you need special tool to change cam belt which i cant get hold of any ideas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts