Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

Has anyone on here done a camper conversion on a Renault Trafic crew cab and been able to keep the crew cab bulkhead and seats in place?
If so please could you give me some advice on the layout, sleeping arrangements etc. Photos would be good as well if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

Paul.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,168 Posts
Hi Paul and welcome :smile2:. It'll be useful for us to see a couple of pics of your Trafic. Also a bit more info about its use eg family camping, wild camping, full camper or part-camper, No of beds, adults or young, are you doing the conversion yourself etc etc
We can only offer general suggestions but most ideas can come from looking at campers on ebay and pics on the web and YouTube.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Renoir White.

I’ve looked on YouTube etc but there’s nothing for a long wheel base with the crew seats and bulkhead still fitted. I need to keep the six seats and the crew bulkhead so space in the rear is limited.
Everywhere I have looked show conversions of a full van.

Kind regards.

Paul.

·
Registered
35 Posts
There are masses of variations on Youtube. I think you have to draw it out first then decide what your priorities are, sleeping how many, cooking inside or out, is a shower and toilet important and how much storage space for gear you need to carry, almost everyone underestimates.

Is it an H2, double level bunks might be a possibility, is it FWD can you source an LPG tank to fit underneath rather than taking up space inside, have you considered a custom seating arrangement in the crew cab area that will allow it to be used for other purposes like sleeping?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts