Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1651 Posts

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks
I'm very puzzled why the Thread on which we use to chat and exchange ideas has now been marked as 'Thread Closed' :confused::confused:.
Hopefully we can continue as a little group on this new thread to keep up-to-date with each other on general campervan topics.
But on complex technical problems its probably easier to continue with individual threads on specific problems to ensure the wider membership can offer their support with technical know-how.
Hopefully new forum members who are campervan owners can find us easier too. It'll be good to see our numbers steadily increasing. :d

·
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
@AndyMartin Hi Andy, to pick up where we left off, nothing new has been happening with my van over recent months .... fixing my Astra, job interviews, xmas preparations, and now my washing machine has broken its bearings :(:( has all taken precedent. But I have been doing some local running about in the van and its running much better these days. I will definitely be carrying on with the improvement program (whatever that is? :confused:) early next year.

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
I'm going to be right up front with you RW primarily because there may not be any of the Admin team available to comment until maybe after the weekend

Pretty early today the Admin / Mod team decided to do a random check of at least one fairly large thread fro breaches of our Forums rules.

Throughout today I volunteered to go through:censored: 800 plus posts, yeah I must be :censored: :crazy:

Extremely regrettably in one way or another I found @ least 9 posts that were in direct contravention of our Forums copyright rules, in some, if not all cases by members that should have known better.

This check didn't finish until pretty late, therefore within the Admin Mod team few got a chance to have their say, thus the thread was closed pending further thoughts on where & what must be done to safeguard the Renault Forums.

I apologise if my thinking process in this post is somewhat disjointed, however reading through 800 + post wasn't at all much fun.

TBH It was very regrettable really, however a number of the participants within the now closed, thread have brought this issue upon themselves.

Finally from my POV I will be taking no further part in this current threads conversations until a decision is reached on the way forwards from here.

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
22,422 Posts
I think this might need the services of Rumpole of the bailey..RW you collar has been felt..tsk tsk..:nonono: this crime carries the penalty of 10 years hard labour..:baseballbat:

·
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
... the Admin / Mod team decided to do a random check of at least one fairly large thread ....

Throughout today I volunteered to go through:censored: 800 plus posts, yeah I must be :censored: :crazy:
Many thanks for the explanation. I was concerned that maybe the OP had requested the Thread be closed as he hasn't posted for such a long time :confused: I'm grateful that isn't the case.
You deserve a special award Hondo for reading all those posts and I bet you never want to hear about another campervan ever again :forehead:
I understand the admin/mod team have to make decisions, but will it be ok for this New Campervan Chat Thread to run on the forum? Seeing the "original thread" had gone way off topic we (the campers) had a while ago felt a general 'Campervan Chat' thread was needed, and new members would hopefully find it easier and join in.:hug:

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
I'd like there to be a general chat topic for us happy campers here as its been so useful and many of the posters have helped me already with what is really a rather niche area within Renault.

·
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'd like there to be a general chat topic for us happy campers.....
One thing I have noticed in the past is that several camper owners have joined the forum and disappeared just as quickly :(
There is a 'Groups' section on the forum where new groups can be set up, but looking over the existing groups none has 'gone the distance' ; also the Groups section is harder to find for new members, and it restricts the wider forum membership from joining in.
IMO it does seem having an open 'camper chat' thread is the most practical way to encourage the most involvement.

·
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Eddie Have you found your way here? :d

Hope you'll soon be over the effects of the shingles and it doesn't spoil your enjoyment of xmas too. A couple of bottles of xmas spirit should help nullify any aches & pains :cheers:
Wonder if Santa will bring you any pressies for Snowball? :d

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Hi Folks
I'm very puzzled why the Thread on which we use to chat and exchange ideas has now been marked as 'Thread Closed' :confused::confused:.
Hopefully we can continue as a little group on this new thread to keep up-to-date with each other on general campervan topics.
But on complex technical problems its probably easier to continue with individual threads on specific problems to ensure the wider membership can offer their support with technical know-how.
Hopefully new forum members who are campervan owners can find us easier too. It'll be good to see our numbers steadily increasing. :d
Forget my last post RW I found it all by myself, Me the new wizz kid computer user or what lol:franco:

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Many thanks for the explanation. I was concerned that maybe the OP had requested the Thread be closed as he hasn't posted for such a long time :confused: I'm grateful that isn't the case.
You deserve a special award Hondo for reading all those posts and I bet you never want to hear about another campervan ever again :forehead:
I understand the admin/mod team have to make decisions, but will it be ok for this New Campervan Chat Thread to run on the forum? Seeing the "original thread" had gone way off topic we (the campers) had a while ago felt a general 'Campervan Chat' thread was needed, and new members would hopefully find it easier and join in.:hug:
Hondo has my heart felt Sympathy too, I really hope its nothing I said that got that other thread closed?:devil:

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
@Eddie Have you found your way here? :d

Hope you'll soon be over the effects of the shingles and it doesn't spoil your enjoyment of xmas too. A couple of bottles of xmas spirit should help nullify any aches & pains :cheers:
Wonder if Santa will bring you any pressies for Snowball? :d
Newcastle on Monday for a return to work Medical due to Safety critical and being on tablets, I also had a bad tooth removed for nothing at all costing £18.50 I first thought it was that old tooth stub that had caused my face to swell up dentist even gave me antibiotics, but a trip to doc confirmed it was shingles, with it being on my face / forehead I had to watch it did`nt go towards my eyes, nearest it got was my eyebrows and lashes.

If I pass the D&A Medical I will be on late shift Christmas eve so roll on Turkey dinner time so I can have a Bottle or two of that Nice £3.50 Tesco Auzzie white wine lol

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Well I did say I won't respond in here again until discussions have taken place between the other members of the Admin / Mod team have taken place, however I'm about to break my own promise.

Mods hat off, + my take on the whole issue.

I'm not to bothered one way or the other what threads appear on here, the more the better, in fact.

All of ( I do mean 100% of us) have a responsibility to keep this brilliant forums resource safe for ourselves & other up & coming member's. The only way this will happen is if we all conduct ourselves within the Forums rules.

Some of you Guys may not know that I've been a Mod on here twice, I've also been a temporary banned member once.

The point I'm trying to make here is, long before I ever became a Mod, if I saw a post / thread which broke the rules, I reported it, after which I had no input it was left to the Mod team of the day, however I felt I'd done what was needed to be done TO PROTECT THIS FORUM.

After all this Forum is our's, to protect.

·
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Newcastle on Monday for a return to work Medical
That's not exactly local for you? A coast to coast trip? :crazy:
At least with your tooth stub removed it'll save problems in the future. Guess its easier having it done now while you are having your pains.:d
Late shift on Xmas eve :eek: Had you drawn the short straw on your roster? Nothing worse than working on Xmas day .... done it once many years ago and it was sooo boring!!! Was sitting in my office doing on-call cover and the phone hardly rang all day :(.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
That's not exactly local for you? A coast to coast trip? :crazy:
At least with your tooth stub removed it'll save problems in the future. Guess its easier having it done now while you are having your pains.:d
Late shift on Xmas eve :eek: Had you drawn the short straw on your roster? Nothing worse than working on Xmas day .... done it once many years ago and it was sooo boring!!! Was sitting in my office doing on-call cover and the phone hardly rang all day :(.
Long weekend this weekend then hopefully back to normal on Wednesday provided I get through the medical tomorrow (1 restday worked) yes it is a coast to coast trip, they normally send me to George sq Glasgow but Bupa there likley couldn't fit me in, in time to be able to roaster me late`s on Christmas eve, mind its even worse next week restday off New years eve early turn New years day, C`est la vie! but I still think BR had the right idea they didn't start running trains till 10:00hrs but now post that (john) Majour mess they run to the normal timetable...............................most of them empty till noon

·
Banned
320 Posts
Hey Guys.

Mudds here. Times flies when you have stacking problems.
Sorry I haven't been on for a while, been reading though.

HONDO. PM me with any offences I have committed if you can. I enjoy a good comedy.

Good thread starter RW.

Nothing doing lately with The Donkey, washed it the other day.

I'll try and reply more if I have any input worth the ink.

Cheers.

Mudds

·
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Mudds, Long time.....Great to see you've found this new group thread. Was wondering if something had happened to you...like you had inadvertently welded your trouser belt buckle to the Mini floorpan and was still stuck there! :help:.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Long weekend this weekend then hopefully back to normal on Wednesday provided I get through the medical tomorrow (1 restday worked) yes it is a coast to coast trip, they normally send me to George sq Glasgow but Bupa there likley couldn't fit me in, in time to be able to roaster me late`s on Christmas eve, mind its even worse next week restday off New years eve early turn New years day, C`est la vie! but I still think BR had the right idea they didn't start running trains till 10:00hrs but now post that (john) Majour mess they run to the normal timetable...............................most of them empty till noon
Thank goodness they didnt send me there today! George Sq ........rest in peace

I passed my medical @ Newcastle btw

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Hey Guys.

Mudds here. Times flies when you have stacking problems.
Sorry I haven't been on for a while, been reading though.

HONDO. PM me with any offences I have committed if you can. I enjoy a good comedy.

"Poor HONDO" You really dont expect him to read through that load of pap again do you?

Good thread starter RW.

Nothing doing lately with The Donkey, washed it the other day.

I can honestly say I have never washed snowball in over the 18 months I have owned it, its out back 200 yards from the Irish sea still covered in spoggie makes from all that sea form from tha Atlantic weather boom (I know its not a boom but I dont want this post to attract the attention of the cia do I)

I'll try and reply more if I have any input worth the ink.

Ink that reminds me I must order some, anyone know a cheap (less than £100) supplier of Epson R800 inks?

Cheers.

Mudds
Hic yes I`ll second that..................cheers and seasons greeting to one and all

·
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank goodness they didnt send me there today! George Sq ........rest in peace

I passed my medical @ Newcastle btw
:eek: Blimey Eddie, that doesn't bear thinking about. A terrible tragedy, not only for those killed and their families, but also for everyone who witnessed the event. Hope their faith carries them through.:angel:

Congrats on being declared fully fit again. Back to full duties now.

Forget our Sardinian snail cans anyone watched a real camper being operated on on car sos e4 tonight?:eek:
I'll have to check out the on-line program repeat. Car SOS is much better than Wheeler Dealers.

Hic yes I`ll second that..................cheers and seasons greeting to one and all
:toast: Hear Hear! A very Merry Xmas to everybody

Here's a pic of a card I recieved this year ... it can be seen as a personal historical reminder by Eddie & Mudds but for different reasons ;)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 1651 Posts