Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can anyone advise i have a scenic 05 and i need to replace the cam sensor i have heard that after fitting some sort of codes need to be reset is this correct? will the car work o.k without resetting these codes or can i just replace them there is no messages on the dash to clear.:crazy::crazy::crazy:

O

·
0 Posts
hi, How do know you need to change this sensor? What symptoms are you getting?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi car taking a long time to start from cold. coil packs and sparkplugs replaced because of slight feeling of vibration when idling and loss of power when accelerating, car started first time prior to this even in winter, car always kept outdoors

O

·
0 Posts
I'm no expert but I don't see a connection with the camshaft sensor?

Poor starting was after you had the plugs changed? Are they the correct plugs and are they gapped correctly?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi toook car back to garage they said plugs and coil fine and suggested faulty crankshaft sensor, took it to another garage they did a free diagnostic (really nice mechanic) reported 24 electrical faults non serious and said the cam sensor was more likely the problem as faulty crank sensor would affect the car more when running not just when starting

O

·
0 Posts
As far as I know, crankshaft sensor tells the ECU when the piston is at Top Dead Centre, for ignition efficiency.

The camshaft sensor does similar, working with the TDC sensor towards engine efficiency and power.

They measure the timing between the pistons and the valves.

Whether theTDC sensor or the camshaft sensor will affect starting more...I'd say the TDC sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts