Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scenic 2 - 2004
Had it on clip recently to clear a parking brake error caused by low voltage.

Since then I don't think I have used air con. Gone to use it and the button doesn't respond, no light comes on even?

Is it possible to enter wrong setting which would disable the system.

usually the light would come on even if nothing else works, is that right?

I saw there was some basic settings like front fog lights do wonder if air con is similar?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone out there with knowledge of CLIP software got an answer on this one.

Would like to know if its a turn on/off option before I approach the garage.

Or any other reason that AC light is not coming on, the rear heated window one right next to it works ok

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
As far as I know the air con system wont switch on if the system is low on gas, its a safety thing.

Have you had the system checked for gas ? I'd say that was probably your first port of call.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would usually agree but it was fine a few days before it went onto the CLIP and the guy who did it had to re do it 3 times, first time set something wrong so the handsfree entry was off not on, then something else, and didn't seem to know what options the car actually had, or didn't understand the message being asked by the software.

Just seems a coincidence!

Also all the other posts suggest the light is on but no cooling or no dip in revs when its engaged, my switch doesn't even light up.

If its an option I would bet my life he entered the wrong answer!

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
Its a possibliity that it could be turned off I suppose. I know for sure that the tyre pressure sensor system can be switched off on a Lag 2 via CLIP.

Why not ring a Renault dealer and enquire ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Have picked up on your old thread regarding the clip you brought, can you help, my problem is
MOT failure senic 2004 dci grande

1. need to turn abs light off (abs is working)
2. parking brake wont come off manually, and failed the rolling road test.

contacted renault, the said needs reprogramming, £100 + vat for 1st hr, may need more. was thinking of buying clip off ebay just to sort as dont trust renault, wanted 1500 off me to sort parking brake, when was cable £50.

my question is would i be able to turn off abs light & can the clip reprogram the handbrake, or even turn off the auto handbrake to manual set and release.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts