Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a clio 1.2 16v 52 plate

ive only had the car for about a month, and on saturday, while driving, the STOP warning light came on the dash for about 5 seconds and went back off. i also noticed that the heater is blowing cold even when set to warm.

i only know the basics and when i got home i checked to see if there was water in the water reservoir. there wasnt! there was two days earlier.

i waited for the car to cool over night and topped it up this morning and the water was draining from the water reservoir as quick as i could fill it up. the pipes all seem to be secure.

the oil is okay and not milky but there does seem to be water coming from the bottom right (p/s) of the engine.

can anyone help or tell me what they think is best. does this sound like the head gasket? no smoke from exhaust though.

thanks

R

·
0 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Renault Forums :)

I'm not familiar with 1.2 engine but from what you describing it sounds as thought you’ve just got coolant leak and not head gasket problems. Though don’t use the car and let it over heat as this can lead to HG failure.

I would refill and check all the hoses and see if you can locate the source of the leak.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, water seems to be coming from the engine itself on the lower right side where there is a seal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was the thermostat housing. the rubber seal inside had split and was losing the water. cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts