Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have just bought a early 2002 (reg jan 30th) 1.9Dci Laguna Authentique, However the fella i bought it off was unsure as to what the Bhp of the engine is??? We have tried looking Hi and Low to get any info on the car and my local Renault dealer even went to the trouble of doing a Hpi report on the car to find out for me, But this didnt even state what it was..... All i can find is that there are 3 different Bhp versions on this model and its driving me mad as firstly i want to be sure that its insured as the correct model, and secondly i have ordered a tuning box and have to be sure which it is so i dont get the wrong one and risk damage to the car.

Anybody got any info on how to sort this???
Thanks

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Gabba - a HPI search generally won't throw up the kind of info., you are looking but any decent Renault dealer should be able to find out what was original. They need to have the complete VIN Number including the original radio code. On some occasions they will ask to see the registration documents and a means of photographic ID.:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I think there is a way of telling from the first 8 digits of the chassis number.

We have a Renault Tech who visits the forum that seems to be able to tell,but you might have to be patient as he does disspear from time to time.....:)

If you post the first part of the chassis number I'm sure someone will be able to help.:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think there is a way of telling from the first 8 digits of the chassis number.

We have a Renault Tech who visits the forum that seems to be able to tell,but you might have to be patient as he does disspear from time to time.....:)

If you post the first part of the chassis number I'm sure someone will be able to help.:)
hi all, has anyone got more info on this as im about to get a tuning box for my W reg 2000 lag dci?
im told theres a 100, 110 and a 120bhp engine? how confusing!!!

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
As yours is a Laguna 1 you will either have an F9Q 718 which is 110bhp or an F9Q 107 which is 107bhp.According to my info these are the only two dCi engines that were ever fitted to the Laguna 1,the 100 and 120bhp engines are found in the Laguna 2.

The Lag 1 phase 2 1.9 dTi engines are all 100bhp.:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
So it'll be either 107 or 110bhp,but I would have thought that Renault would call them both 110's.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts