Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys was just wondering if can clip v136 can programme keys and injectors they sell some on ebay for around £140, are they any good and can they do what I need.

cheers guys

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you sure it will code them as it doesn't say in the adverts, im thinking of just the clio 2 keys as I have lost mine for both my cars lol.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,390 Posts
you need the code that came with the paper work for the car for the keys to be programed injectors i did mine about 2 weeks ago

Ron

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
are you sure it will code them as it doesn't say in the adverts, im thinking of just the clio 2 keys as I have lost mine for both my cars lol.
It will do clio 2 keys but as bugsb has posted you need the code from the dealer and you also need new blank keys.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where will this code be for the key, and what happens if the ecu has been changed, is the actual one Renault use a lot different from these cheap ones then as these are the only ones for sale on ebay apart from cheap cables.

·
6,390 Posts
its the risk you take as i found when i went to renault for an immobiliser bypass code on my old scenic cost £20 and wrong code
the clip is a good bit of kit but if you dont know how to use it you can soon bugger up your car
you could change the barrel from another car and use a blank fob (new) fob then get a key programmer to do the job i have a t-300 but evan that needs the Renault code to programme the key fob there are other key programmers that dont need the code but having never used them i have no idea which ones will do the job
Ron

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
The dealer supplies the code.If the ecu has been replaced and not the original chassis number you will need the chassis number from the ecu and not the cars chassis number.You say ecu changed ? which one have you changed?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't think the later clio 2's had a code, I thought you coded the ecu to the key, I want one anyway as they don't seem expensive if they do the job, and diagnosing is so much simpler, I have a clio that wouldn't start it turned out the ecu was getting no power so one of these would have found it allot quicker providing it could have connected to the ecu as my obd one couldn't as it had no power to ecu.

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Yes they do have a code 2001 onwards have a code.Just done my keys ,blank keys then you have to code them using clip and the key code.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't change the ecu the previous owner did to try and fix it so I have no idea where it came from, can u get the code out of the ecu using canclip

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello all.
I've got a CAN CLIP but don't want to play around with people's cars without being sure I won't mess up anything e.g. lose synch of a current key while trying to program another one.
I'd be interested in knowing which Renault keys can be programmed via the CAN CLIP and to which car models and year of manufacture - I mean programming new/used keys, not just re-synching the car's original keys.
Cars I might need to add keys to are Meganes, Scenics, Clios, Kangoos and Laguna's.
Can anyone share his experience in this respect?
Cheers.

·
6,390 Posts
if you look on https://passport.dx.com/accounts/default.dx?redirect=https://my.dx.com/
you will find renault blank fobs ready to programme if you use a 2nd hand fob you will need new chips unsolder the old and refit the new as the chip is a programme once only
as to what fobs need a code and which ones dont its some thing i had a quick look into a while back but no definite answers best people to talk to are locksmiths that deal with it every day as the code can be got but this is some thing you cant talk about on the forum
Ron

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello bugsb, it's been a while since we chatted here...
I've connected with locksmiths and no problem getting codes from the local Renault dealer (they're connected...) but they don't use the CLIP. They have special tools that clone/program universal transponder chips, not Renault's key PCB's. My question was what can be done with the CLIP with original used keys, either those belonging officially to a specific car (i,e, that somehow lost sync) or 2nd hand from breakers, assuming you can get the proper codes.

·
6,390 Posts
a 2nd hand key will be programmed to a given car the only way to get around it is to change the chip so its like new/blank
cards i have no idea
i have done it where i had a faulty fob got one from the breakers and removed both chips and fitted the chip from my car to the one from the breakers it worked fine no programming involved
Ron

·
Registered
55 Posts
Repairing the key electronics or moving your chip to a good board will work as you say (BTDT), but my question was what key coding related capabilities does THE CLIP have.
For example, I can see with the CLIP if a 1997 Megane infrared key is transmitting a valid code or not (in the immobilizer status screen).
I've played with 2001 Meganes too (those that have the RF remote key and transponder) and the status and programming screens are different, but I don't have a car I can experiment coding with so don't want to take chances on a friend's customer car.
My locksmith friends have other tools for cloning transponder keys, they don't use a CLIP at all on Renaults.
Am I clearer now?
Cheers!

·
6,390 Posts
i have only gone into the section for programming keys it just asks for the code the t-300 is the same you click next and it wants the code so i have never gone any further
Ron

·
Banned
24 Posts
injectors can be coded with clip easily

from 2005 keys are supplied directly from renault france after proof of ownership. old keys cant be coded

coding and programming is pin protected

before 2005 im not totally sure. i dont think you can do it in clip just the technology was less secure so people have options of generic chip programming etc.

so summing up renault dealer clips are as limted at key programming as they say. if you have a. should we say. grey clip you dont stand a chance

1 - 19 of 19 Posts