Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Just bought a 2004 Grand Espace. (Had a Mk3 previously that fell to bits after 50k miles:mad: )

The climate control seems to have limited functionality - I'm one of those sad individuals that likes to have cold air on the face while the rest of me is warm.

Any suggestions as to how I can do this?

Many thanks in advance...

Cheers

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi Kokler ... I dont think you can in Auto mode ... you need to switch to manual and set the controls/vents to what you want, that bypasses the rear view mirror sensor that controls auto, although its still used for the interior temp maintenance.

Hope it helps :)

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
I used to love the climate control on my old Laguna I. You could whack it down to 'min' and make it blow cold, conditioned air into your face at any cabin temperature. It's the best ever hangover cure :p

The only way I can get the Lag II climate system to do it is to whack the driver's temperature down to 16 and the passenger's up to 26. Hardly ideal, but it does the trick.

If the Espace has dual climate and you're driving alone, then maybe that's one possible solution. In the good old days, a lot of cars had unheated dash vents as well as heated ones, but since air-con took off, that no longer seems to be the case. You can configure it to blow cold air at your face, but you can't have warm air on your feet at the same time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys

Thought as much. Had figured out how to get the manual settings to blow air onto my face but then had cold feet as well! Air flow to feet always seems colder than that to window.

Will try the trick with the passenger control setings - should be fun doing that while on the motorway at 70mph :)

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts