Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bloody steel band on my cv boot at the wheel side on the drivers side has came off and put grease all over my new wheels:devil: :devil: :steam: :crazy: iam not going to use a large cable tie because they are **** can i use a big jubilee clip after i have filled with grease again ive found one big enough.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Hi Donald,
Have a look at Welcome to Bailcast , they do replaceable cv gaitors, the stretch type , I have used them several times and they are good , on the website they say they sell the metal straps. Try giving them a phone call , they are very helpfull , or try your local unipart dealer.
Regards
The Ships Cat

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi Donald

Sorry to hear that,at least you spotted it before the cv joint run dry of grease.Had the same problem on my campervan last year,i got a replacement gaiter and clips for less than £10 and fitted it in less than a day.

Only problem i can see with the jubilee clip idea is you may not have the clearance for the screw adjuster.

:) :)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Donald,
Have a look at Welcome to Bailcast , they do replaceable cv gaitors, the stretch type , I have used them several times and they are good , on the website they say they sell the metal strips. Try giving them a phone call , they are very helpfull , or try your local unipart dealer.
Regards
The Ships Cat
Hi thanks the rubber is fine no problems other than the steel band has fell off and i need to reseal it i was going to use the big jubalee clip but might throw the shaft balance out but i think it will be ok cheers

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Donald

Sorry to hear that,at least you spotted it before the cv joint run dry of grease.Had the same problem on my campervan last year,i got a replacement gaiter and clips for less than £10 and fitted it in less than a day.

Only problem i can see with the jubilee clip idea is you may not have the clearance for the screw adjuster.

:) :)
Hi thanks for that it dose i think just but i was scared incase it throws the balance out on the shaft at hi speed but i think it will be ok

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Donald, I`m sorry to sound stupid but what`s wrong with cable ties?
(Is it just me or do you post with a Scottish accent?)
Three times when i had my older wheels on the cable ties keep coming off at hi speed you can a imagine the bloody mess its making with grease yeah Na Wat a min jimmy:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Donald,I'll send you a new clip if you PM me your address.:)Is it the driveshaft end or the joint end?.
Hi lag thank you very much:) you are a gentleman and scholar its the large end of the cv boot that goes onto the the ABS teeth side behind the brake disc if you know what i mean.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts