Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a manual 2.0 Litre 135 Scenic 2. She is an 08 plate with 16000 miles on the clock.

I have owned her for 3 weeks and noticed a few days ago that it was hard to get her into first and third gear. Also she would jump out of these gears. The problem cleared and I put it down to my own unfamiliarly with the box, how ever yesterday she jumped out of first has I pulled off and today I have been unable to selected first or third even with the engine off.

Any ideas and is this a common fault.

Thank you, John.

D

·
0 Posts
I would say the linkage needs adjusting. It's fairly easy to do yourself, but if you're not good with a spanner, then get a garage to do it.
Just tell them you want it adjusted so you can get the forward gears back, and hopefully you shouldn't get you pants pulled down and told you need a new gearbox!
Has it had a clutch fitted recently?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say the linkage needs adjusting. It's fairly easy to do yourself, but if you're not good with a spanner, then get a garage to do it.
Just tell them you want it adjusted so you can get the forward gears back, and hopefully you shouldn't get you pants pulled down and told you need a new gearbox!
Has it had a clutch fitted recently?
Thank you for your quick reply. She may have had a new but I have only owned it 3 weeks, I have a 2 year warranty but the Renault dealers are shut today. Sounds like it should be a simple fix for the garage so they may be able to sort it quickly, I hope they are in tomorrow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the advice, you were spot on about the linkage.

It took the Renault dealers about 20 minutes to sort it.

Well done the forum!!!!!;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts