Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Clio Mk IV 1.5 dCi MediaNav S/S 2013
1,433 Posts
I agree with Dave. I have recently fitted parking sensors. That, apart from the colour (mine is black), is identical to my sounder.

Ha, that is black, DOH, on first look it looked like grey. Specsavers here I come.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with Dave. I have recently fitted parking sensors. That, apart from the colour (mine is black), is identical to my sounder.

Ha, that is black, DOH, on first look it looked like grey. Specsavers here I come.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
I agree it's a sounder, but wouldn't the OP have heard it? Perhaps it's so pervasive you can't locate the source - it's unusual to place them in the vehicle as they are usually so loud they are better buried in a piece of foam under the trim. The previous owner of my vehicle was hard of hearing and some of the foam was removed to make it louder, it's under the trim in the boot and very loud, I've been meaning to put some foam over it for years...

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Just because we can see it doesn’t mean that it works. I suspect that the OP would have been able to deduce what it was if it beeped every time he put the car in reverse.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
yes of course, but depending on the frequency it might have been quite difficult to locate the source, (standing waves bouncing and interfering with each other) that was my point.
LOL...Remember when you were small and used to cover your eyes thinking that no one could see you...?

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
I understand what you are saying and agree, but in this instance it’s right behind the drivers right ear.

It’s a MUTE point now. 😀

Reactions: wozz
1 - 10 of 10 Posts