Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all

Going to a dog show on Monday, and need to leave my boot open for the dogs, but lock the car when we leave them.

Had a look in the book - not much help!

Had a play with no success - just won't lock the doors.

Any advice would be good! It's a Laguna 2b without keyless / handsfree locking.

Simon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi matey, not 100% on this but there should be a little switch somewhere along the edge of the boot or on the inside edge of the boot, little trick get some duct tape and stick the switch button in, should do the trick, just remember to remove the tape afterwards.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Very few new Renaults have a plunger button either on the doors or boot lid. Instead they have micro-switches in the locks. So forget that suggestion.

With the boot open and using something similar to a screw driver placed in the locking mechanism in the boot lid depress the lock until it clicks. Hopefully this will fool the system into thinking the boot is locked.

Don't forget to disarm the alarm if fitted.:)

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Noel, works a treat!

Does anyone know how I deactivate the alarm?! OT's Vectra has a handy button, but no sign on the lag, or in the book (which I am seriously considering cutting up and using as coasters, as I'm sure this would be more useful!

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
How about opening the boot and one REAR side door.
Close but don't lock all other doors.
Enter the car via the open side door and depress the console/dash or roof switch mounted door lock button to the "LOCK" position.
Climb out the car and close the door you came out of.

Theoretically the passenger doors should now be locked but leaving the boot open.

Remember NOT TO LEAVE YOUR KEYCARD IN THE CAR!

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Guys

I will experiment tomorrow, bit late now as little girls is in bed!

Will let you know how I get on tomorrow

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
For "non-handsfree card" To disarm sensors - leave drivers door ajar, insert keycard, remove keycard, insert keycard, remove keycard. Shut drivers door & lock as normal using the keycard buttons. You will hear a series of beeps (3 I think) to confirm car locked & sensors disarmed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts