Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The window on the rear of my Scenic has been playing up for a while. I got a replacement regulator on eBay, and it worked fine - however today - the window wouldn't come back up. I just wondered if it would be possible to remove the regulator from the motor and put 12v across it, I could make it spin and put the window up. Obviously then, I'd need to track down the fault, but at least the car would be secure.. Anyone done this? Or is it even possible?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
21,959 Posts
You can
Remove the Temic unit so the two connectors on the motor itself are visible... blip 12v across them.... polarity decides direction

Likely damp in the Temic unit causing the problem.

·
Super Moderator
13,566 Posts
Likely damp in the Temic unit causing the problem.
Could be.
My experience of Temics (Six Scenics so far), Is that the Fault Often lies in the 6 pin Plug.
Jewellers Screwdriver, down the side of the contacts to force them together. Has always cured them.
A nice, No cost thing to try, before extracting wallet :grin2:

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
21,959 Posts
No argument.
I had one that was dripping... driver's window would open on its own.
Swapped with one from back door.
WD40 and dried for a few days, back in back door....worked.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah.. I think it's the connector, didn't need to manually get the window up. Took off the connector, jiggled the pins with a screwdriver, put it back on to the regulator and it worked first time! Got a new connector coming from eBay to keep in the toolbox if it continues to play up. Thanks for the help folks! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts