Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here...

I've searched and searched the interwebs looking for the answer, but can only find how to remove the diamond badge from Clios...

I have a 2010 clio with rear badge like this:

I'm wanting to swap the CLIO to new letters reading RUBY (my cars name :eek:) and leave the diamond badge as is...

Just wanting to know if this is possible without creating a horrible mess? And if so, any clue how? Are they glued on or bolted? Errr... Help! :crazy:

Any help much appreciated!

Kathryn.

O

·
0 Posts
Glued on. Use a hairdryer and a thin edge, like a credit card. Watch the paintwork.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, big help!
Just researching a little more and of course finding the right letters/font!
Fingers crossed...

·
Stockport Platinum
3,899 Posts
The last time i did this i used boiled water which i poured over the letters just one at a time as it softends the glue rather quick but be careful not to scold your self and found it really easy and fishing line works a treat although i managed to pull mine off with my fingers as theirs less chance of scratching the paint work .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scratching the paint is my main worry... its a new car to me, and after my old one which was scratched to hell I'm really trying to keep this one immaculate.

Is it easy enough to pull them off with your hands?

·
Stockport Platinum
3,899 Posts
Provided the letters are well warmed up then yes they should pull off easily with your fingers lol .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts