Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had this problem, but I dont seem to be able to edit my own posts, and when replying to posts, I get a message that a mod will have to approve the post before it is added to the thread :confused:

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Odd one that... :confused:

Is it across the whole site, or is it just certain subforums?

Not sure Horatio, but certainly the Espace, Clio and Items for sale subforums.

:)

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, and I've just noticed ... this one as well :confused:

S

·
0 Posts
You can't edit posts in the feedback section. There is also a time limit on editing posts across the forum to stop people deleting or editing their posts. The reason for this is that people who leave the forum often flounce off in a huff and try to do as much damage as possible on their way out. The time limit is 60 minutes.

As for the moderation queue, this is an unfortunate side effect of the software that stops the spam. It sometimes catches perfectly reasonable posts too.

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can't edit posts in the feedback section. There is also a time limit on editing posts across the forum to stop people deleting or editing their posts. The reason for this is that people who leave the forum often flounce off in a huff and try to do as much damage as possible on their way out. The time limit is 60 minutes.

As for the moderation queue, this is an unfortunate side effect of the software that stops the spam. It sometimes catches perfectly reasonable posts too.

OK Mr Wonk. I've got that ... but I dont seem to be able to edit posts I've just created either ... I know I should read them more carefully before I hit the ti$ but typos do occur and I'm defo not getting 60mins, is there anything I should check at my end?

Ta :)

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mmmm I seem to be able to edit again, but I cant add any smilies ? ... insert a confused face here.... and a big grin

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well Mr Wonk I got this message but I cant see the post anywhere :confused: , was I susposed too? (but my smilies are back :))

*** This is an automated email. Please do not reply. To respond to the comments made to the post, please click the link contained within this message ***

Hello Truckbusuk,

selwonk has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Cannot edit my own posts ? - in the Feedback & announcements forum of Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum.

This thread is located at:

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=58323&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

Test

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

Yours,

Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/subscription.php?do=usub&t=58323

To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yup, smilies are back ... is there anything I need to check on the PC at my end?:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts