Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Does anyone know how to stop/restart a system update? The message come up on my media system that an update was require and I pressed yes without paying much attention to what it said, just that it would take 10 mins. Well I’m not sure if I shouldn’t have turned my engine off but I did as I was in a rush. Well the system has been frozen since yesterday afternoon! Can’t use the media system at all and it just keeps showing the message - initialising..

I’ve tried holding down the on/off button for a long time as a friend suggested but nothing happens

Communication Device Gadget Portable communications device Mobile phone Mobile device

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
Does anyone know how to stop/restart a system update? The message come up on my media system that an update was require and I pressed yes without paying much attention to what it said, just that it would take 10 mins. Well I’m not sure if I shouldn’t have turned my engine off but I did as I was in a rush. Well the system has been frozen since yesterday afternoon! Can’t use the media system at all and it just keeps showing the message - initialising..

I’ve tried holding down the on/off button for a long time as a friend suggested but nothing happens

View attachment 197587
Hey, my cars the exact same - been like this for almost 2 weeks. Brand new & bought in Jan 2022 - taken it to a dealership & theyve told me its a renault issue. Get it into ur dealership asap!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, my cars the exact same - been like this for almost 2 weeks. Brand new & bought in Jan 2022 - taken it to a dealership & theyve told me its a renault issue. Get it into ur dealership asap!
I am experiencing exactly the same issue with my 2021 plate Clio.It has been in my local Renault dealers workshop for nearly a week.They tell me there is a major compatibility issue with the latest media update patch and the Easy Connect media unit fitted on the new Clio’s.The unit needs to be sent to Bosch for repair but Bosch are not responding to any correspondence.My dealership currently have four Clio’s with the same problem.I would be interested to know if others out there are experiencing the same issues and how widespread the problem is?
In the meantime time my advice would be don’t down load any new updates on the Easy connect media system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It’s ridiculous that technology in 2022 can’t support a simple update. Mine has been broken for around two weeks. My dealership have also got another clio in with the same issue as we have.
I’m going to take my car back into the dealership to get a courtesy car - not paying through the nose for a car that can’t/won’t work properly.
i called renault directly to raise a complaint & they hadn’t heard about it in their customer seevices department - seems someones made a mess somewhere!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unfortunately I also made the fatal mistake of clicking yes to accept the latest software update for my new Captur RS.
The update has effectively 'bricked my easy link system and it forever stays on initialising screen.
To say I am devastated is an understatement.
Renault in their wisdom released an 'unstable software update that has caused no end of problems. To reiterate the above comments, after taking car to dealer they are unable to reinstall original software and instead will need to replace the Bosh cpu located behind the dash. This will involve removing the dash!
Surprise, Surprise there are no 'cpu's in stock so need to be ordered from France. Latest timescales are at least 3 weeks but told 'could be much longer because of chip shortage.!
A fantastic own goal by Renault for not 'bug' testing their software and effectively breaking peoples cars. Shocking.........
The most troubling thing is that this 'corrupt software has not been removed and is still available as an 'overair software update from Renault..... Why, oh why do they not take down the server to stop other unsuspecting people downloading and effectively breaking their cars.
Not the sort of service I was expecting with a 6 month old expensive car....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unfortunately I also made the fatal mistake of clicking yes to accept the latest software update for my new Captur RS.
The update has effectively 'bricked my easy link system and it forever stays on initialising screen.
To say I am devastated is an understatement.
Renault in their wisdom released an 'unstable software update that has caused no end of problems. To reiterate the above comments, after taking car to dealer they are unable to reinstall original software and instead will need to replace the Bosh cpu located behind the dash. This will involve removing the dash!
Surprise, Surprise there are no 'cpu's in stock so need to be ordered from France. Latest timescales are at least 3 weeks but told 'could be much longer because of chip shortage.!
A fantastic own goal by Renault for not 'bug' testing their software and effectively breaking peoples cars. Shocking.........
The most troubling thing is that this 'corrupt software has not been removed and is still available as an 'overair software update from Renault..... Why, oh why do they not take down the server to stop other unsuspecting people downloading and effectively breaking their cars.
Not the sort of service I was expecting with a 6 month old expensive car....
I’m still no further forward. 1st July mine went down and its now August - I still haven’t been given a timescale to when it’ll be fixed either. Absolutley ridiculous i’m shocked at the lack of service between the dealership & the complaints team too. No urgency at all but still expect to make monthly payments.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts