Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was sat outside my brothers work for 5 minutes with my stereo on and headlights on and then my battery just died therefore i had to bump start it lol now i have this warning light on my car and it wont go. its happened b4 with the battery but the symbol just went after a day now its been a week.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I think thats an electrical fault light, could be the alternator is failing or battery on the way out.

Sorry :(

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bloody hell one thing after another , im not to use how old the battery is . is there away to find out which one it may be

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
well the batt going flat in 5 mins is pretty conclusive, but if you take it to your local garage, they can load test it, and give you a definitive answer. some of them (like ATS Euromaster) do it for free, in the hope of selling you a battery....

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
oh and the fact that it will bump start with a flat battery, pretty much guarantees the alternator is ok.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
right great then lol how much will a battery cost then lol
That's a 'how long is a piece of string?' sort of question!

I'd say £50-ish for a good-quality battery. Avoid the 'superspark sooper-dooper heavy duty' tat and you won't go far wrong.

It's often a good idea to fit the type rated for the diesel version - even if you have the petrol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts