Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Renault Laguna 1.8 16v 52 plate. When I came home yesterday, I parked the car and pulled out the car card, but then I noticed the engine was still running? Normally it wouldn't let me pull the card out if I hadn't stopped the engine, but it did come out with ease. So I put the card back in and pressed the start button to stop the engine. However, today the Car won't start. You put the car card in fully and the radio comes on, but nothing else. No lights on the dash, other than the flashing immobiliser light. Steering column remains locked. Tried changing the battery in the car card, dead locking the car, leaving it and trying again but still no joy. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
You could have broken the micro switch while pulling it out and now when the card is inserted the car can't detect it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help. We have sorted the problem by disconnecting the battery, reattaching it, locking the car then opening it and it reset itself and started the engine fine (ctrl-alt-Delete!) Phew! If you try this don't forget to have the radio code to hand as you will need to re-enter it after disconnecting the battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts