Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have a LagunaII 1.9 dci. The first night after buying the car, some very nice person slashed the front left tyre. After getting it replaced, I found the car was pulling to the left. I switched the wheel over to the front right and found the car then pulled to the right.
Since then, I have had the tracking and wheel balancing done. It has eased the problem somewhat, but now the car pulls to the right ONLY when accelerating.
Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated!
:confused:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I suspect you have a biased tyre and this is causing the problem.

If possible,swap the tyres front to rear and you will probably find that this cures the problem.

I know it can be expensive and a pain,but tyres on the front should ideally be replaced in pairs of the same type which means that the car should handle predictably when turning in both directions.

Hope that helps.:)

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone, I'll switch the wheel from front to back and see what happens. Someone else said that the wheel may be buckled. I know alloys are prone to this but hopefully not in this case.:)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Dok - also check if the tyre is on the right way if it is uni-directional tyre - better still check all the tyres for direction - if any are uni-directional they will have a direction of rotation arrow on the sidewall:)

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
Hi Dok - also check if the tyre is on the right way if it is uni-directional tyre - better still check all the tyres for direction - if any are uni-directional they will have a direction of rotation arrow on the sidewall:)
Agree with Noel on this........... ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, i have a laguna II, 2.o ide petrol 2001.
my car has always pulled to the right on fast acceleration, garage changed wheels ruond, checked alignment and balancing etc..... problem still excists, how ever, if i accelerate gentally it does not pull to the right at all. only when fast acceleration.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,898 Posts
I had a Rover it ran straight as a arrow till I replaced
a front tyre, then it pulled to which ever side it was
on some tyres just have more drag than others and
if fitted to the front make the steering pull to one side
or the other, its very noticeable if you mix the so called
fuel saver tyres and normal ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts