Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my cd player. I put my old tape player back in and hooked it up.

It lights up but i put tape in and it does not play.

It says CODE on the front so i assume it has like security code feature. I never used it before.

so what is this code? I dont remember ever been given one. Is there a default one or a reset method?

P.S I also got another 4.3" touchscreen dvd cd player for car. But the dvd player doesnt work. It can be used to play radio, play mp3,avi movies off sd card and usb. you could plug in aux in or external dvd player to watch movies on screen. It also has bluetooth and mic so can also be used as handsfree for mobiles. Any offers over £50 welcome

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
have you still got the manuals that came with the car ??
on page 3 (no not that page 3 lol)
the radio code should be listed !! if not go to your local renault dealer armed with your log book, they should be able to supply it from their database... not sure how much they charge for it !!

Rgds

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
e.g on some phones you can put a lock on your phone, by default it might be 0000 on all phones of that model, but user can change it///

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
e.g on some phones you can put a lock on your phone, by default it might be 0000 on all phones of that model, but user can change it///
So what's the point of having a code to protect your phone if anyone else can over-ride your personal code.:confused:

I think you'll find that once the default code is changed you can't over-ride by using the default.

Yes you may be able to get a bucket shop to recover the code but so can many radio decode outlets.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
default code is factory set code for all products of same model. end user can set it to their own. anyone else cant access it then cos user has change it, if you still dont get it doesnt matter.

I found the code! a four digit code. But how do you enter it onto the cd player!

P.s it is possible to get the code for free all you need is the 4 digit security reference on the back of the device.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok , sorted now. there was a third socket for the steering wheel control which when plugged in shows display on lcd display. it request code. use steering wheel controls scroll whell to scroll down and select number. press the button at the bottom of the control. after last digit press and hold that button till it bleeps. done. dealers provided free advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts