Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started experienced troubles when I insert my card into the ignition. Sometimes it says on the readout in the dash CARD NOT DETECTED, then after a few ins and outs and pushes of the button it starts. I have tried both cards and it says the same. Could it be the batterys need replacing or is it something else.
Any helpers?
Regards

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Yes I would agree here, Do a search of the Forums as some have come up with D.I.Y repairs for the Cardreader.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have started experienced troubles when I insert my card into the ignition. Sometimes it says on the readout in the dash CARD NOT DETECTED, then after a few ins and outs and pushes of the button it starts. I have tried both cards and it says the same. Could it be the batterys need replacing or is it something else.
Any helpers?
Regards
My understanding is that if the fob opens and locks the doors then the battery ok but i have put on here that when my card plays up like that and if i waggle it it sees the card it's normally the coil in the key fob there 3 soldered points on the coil in the fob and its a common fault 1 or 2 of the soldered joints break and so don't make i solid enough connection ive opened my fob and found the coil easily spotted in there 3 pins soldiered to the circuit board you'll find they look OK but closer inspection you'll see the soldering joints have broken resoldered you'll find will sort the problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts