Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a new Lag II privalage navigation sports tourer.

Can anyone please tell me if it is possible to enter post code destination.

Dealer says you need blue tooth option for that functionality but surely post code entry must be a software issue.

Any advice would be greatly received.

Anthony

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Try entering the post code in the 'City' field, I seem to remember someone else posting about this and this was the answer, worth a go anyway,
Regards Leroy

·
Registered
14 Posts
go to the address bar.go to city.put in post code .it will only let you put in 4 digits .go to list ,a drop down list of post codes in that area ,hope this helps

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Just been and had a play with mine :rolleyes: .On the destination input screen do you have a line on the right side of the screen saying W. Point. If so click on this and then on Way Point Input and you can enter the first four digits of the post code. Regards Leroy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No way to enter anything other than letters in city or address field and no Way Point option.

Why is there simply not a post code field. All sat navs fron £200 upwards have this feature. Is this the best Renault can do!!

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi again, do you know what year your discs are? I believe the earlier discs don't have the Postcode database, I have the latest 2006/7 discs and the postcode feature works with the Satnav in my 2000 Lag and looking through my manual there is no mention of the Way Point feature so I guess it is initialised if the discs have the postcode database.
Regards Leroy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the car 2 days ago brand new, 07 plate.

Not looked at the disk but assume it must be the latest.

Dealer told me that the postcode function only works if you have the hands free kit for the phone which allows you to operate the sat nav from console between front seats rather than dashboard.

As the sat nav system is the same in both cases I cannot see what this has to do with it.

I will look at the disk to see what version it is and report straight back

Anthony

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just checked it is United Kingdom and Ireland V27, 2007.

Had a last chech in the manual and it clearly states that to select destination you need to enter, Country, City, Road and Number.

I cannot beleive the lack of sophistication, everything in this day and age workd on postcde.

Anthony:steam:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have laguna11 2003 dci my sat nav works fine with post codes ,but i do have a 2006 disc in it ,perhaps the earlier ones dont
Thanks for that but mine is a 2007 which is newer.

When you go to the destination screen do you have a postcode field or are you entering it into a different field?

Anthony

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there Anthony, I recently replaced my 2002 disk with a 2007 one bought of a certain internet auction site - I can input a partial postcode in the CITY field, but I agree, its not the best, better than nothing, but could be improved upon.

I can't see where the dealer is coming from on this - its a software/functionality issue.

Have you contacted another dealer or RCS? I'd be looking for another opinion.

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Just checked it is United Kingdom and Ireland V27, 2007.

Had a last chech in the manual and it clearly states that to select destination you need to enter, Country, City, Road and Number.

I cannot beleive the lack of sophistication, everything in this day and age workd on postcde.

Anthony:steam:
If you start entering the first couple of letters of the postcode in the 'city' box, the numbers on the keyboard will then become available to you. Unfortunately it will only take the first 4 letters of the post code so its fairly useless. The later discs may give a better implementation but I still think the Tom Tom Navigator was a better system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you start entering the first couple of letters of the postcode in the 'city' box, the numbers on the keyboard will then become available to you. Unfortunately it will only take the first 4 letters of the post code so its fairly useless. The later discs may give a better implementation but I still think the Tom Tom Navigator was a better system.
No they dont, the numbers remain greyed out on mine

Anthony

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2007/08 map disk should arrive from e bay in the morning, very helpful chap says this will have full postcode input.

Still not completely convinced but for £20 thought it was worth a try.

Anthony

PS never got a reply frm RCS

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Just got back from France and used the sat-nav disc supplied by [email protected] and I must say it was super, guided us through all the back roads in rural France and saved us many miles. The UK one works just as well as I tend to input the City/Town and Road or Street as there are over 20,000,000, separate postcodes in the UK I can't really see the worth of this unless there is a separate disc for this purpose.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
2007/08 map disk should arrive from e bay in the morning, very helpful chap says this will have full postcode input.

Still not completely convinced but for £20 thought it was worth a try.

Anthony

PS never got a reply frm RCS
Well guess what, £20 wasted just get 'Invalid CD' error message.

Chap not quite so helpful anymore, he has not returned my e mail

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
hmmm postcode without last digits is pretty useless. Still I ususally manage with the road and map combined - and much better imo than having one stuck to the windscreen :d

1 - 20 of 23 Posts