Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have just purchased a Renault Laguna with the Turn By Turn Carminat Sat Nav. It is an 04 model.

One of the CD's I have been given with it does not work and as it has been purchased privately, I doubt I will be able to raise it with the seller.

I have enquired at Renault for a replacement CD and they are £180 - way outside my budget.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these much cheaper, or does anyone have a copy of one they are willing to send to me so that I can "test" the Sat Nav.

I will happily cover any costs, as I don't want to shell out £180 if it doesn't work anyway or if the Traffic Updates do not work.

I can be contacted on 0121 603 1298 or [email protected] if anyone can help.

Many Thanks,
Andy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
SAT NAV disc . . .

Hi Andy . . .
If you look on eBay you should br able to pick up a secondhand disc for about £20 to test your system. Once tested you would be advised to purchase a later version so that you can avail yourself of postcode searching, TMC/ITIS, etc. (You may find that an early disc will not have the TMC enabled . . infuriating as it is.)
I am currently looking for a later version . . VDO disc . . which is compatible and hopefully will be TMC friendly.
Hope this helps . . .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will they be compatible with my turn by turn system - I do not have a colour screen on mine.

Many Thanks,
Andy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
SatNav CDROM . . . .

Hi . .
I have an 04 Laguna Initiale . .and that has the colour screen . . . ???!!!
Not sure which one you need . . however, I'm sure that if you find the details from your system by using the '4112' code and post the info here somebody will be able to confirm which one is compatible.

I have seen a Sat Nav disk Carminat '04' version on eBay . . Item number: 200125698151 . . maybe this one is the right one for you to test with.

Ciao for now . . ..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi kriswain,

Is it possible to give us a link where you got your disc from? ( is this within the rules?)
There seem to be that many different disc out there and would hate to get the wrong one
Drive a Nissan primastar SE which is the same as the Renault Trafic and has a Carminat system in with colour screen

Thanks

Steve

·
Premium Member
14,136 Posts
Try e-bay for your c.d discs there are some on there for sale. click car parts g.ps or just put carminat sat nav in search engine.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Try e-bay for your c.d discs there are some on there for sale. click car parts g.ps or just put carminat sat nav in search engine.
like excavator said try ebay search engine for 1 if cant see 1 on there still have details of ebay sale for sat nav disc so can bry from them if you want

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Hi All,

I have just purchased a Renault Laguna with the Turn By Turn Carminat Sat Nav. It is an 04 model.

One of the CD's I have been given with it does not work and as it has been purchased privately, I doubt I will be able to raise it with the seller.

I have enquired at Renault for a replacement CD and they are £180 - way outside my budget.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these much cheaper, or does anyone have a copy of one they are willing to send to me so that I can "test" the Sat Nav.

I will happily cover any costs, as I don't want to shell out £180 if it doesn't work anyway or if the Traffic Updates do not work.

I can be contacted on 0121 603 1298 or [email protected] if anyone can help.

Many Thanks,
Andy.
I had a similar problem with a seller on ebay who claimed the disks were original and I suspect they are copies. Try making a another copy from the CD on your PC with a decent quality disk and the copy just might work. It did for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi

i've got a monochrome turn by turn Renault SatNav. did you get sorted as i have a recent disk. Could sent a copy for testing!!!!

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
I've got original carminat 2003 version, 2006 version that works, with the TMC, copied from an original navteq disc, and a 2007 vdo dayton copy with tmc, the tmc sort of works, it'll tell you there is traffic in 20 miles when you're in a queue, then it'll go red and stop working seemingly randomly, you're more than welcome to copies of these if you want them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Carminat Sat Nav

Hi - I've just bought a 2002 plate Laguna Initiale which has the Carminat Sat Nav in glove box with colour screen, but with no instructions !
Does anyone know how:

1. I can get a copy of an instruction manual (obviously happy to pay)
2. how I get an up garde so I can input post code only & not address (again happy to pay for a copy if anyone's got one ?)

Thanks, SNP40

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Hi - I've just bought a 2002 plate Laguna Initiale which has the Carminat Sat Nav in glove box with colour screen, but with no instructions !
Does anyone know how:

1. I can get a copy of an instruction manual (obviously happy to pay)
2. how I get an up garde so I can input post code only & not address (again happy to pay for a copy if anyone's got one ?)

Thanks, SNP40
You can't get the original instructions very easily but VDO Dayton MS5000 is basically the same unit. You can get a manual at...:censored::censored::censored:

The postcode feature is available on newer CD's from Ebay but is naff. You can only select a partial postcode.

Len

·
Registered
36 Posts
Carminat disk

I bought the V26 2006/2007 recently to obtain TMC . . it worked fine . . as stated in the ebay advert . . HOWEVER, my postcode input then disappeared . . . :-( .
On speaking with the seller apparently there are 2 versions . . 1=with TMC only, 1=TMC + Postcode search.
Allbeit the postcode is only partial input . . . again :-(

However, the TMC helped me out the other day by warning me of a traffic problem on the M1 from 40 miles away!!! . . :)
Ciao . . .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts