Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all aint been on for a while, probs with my carminat sat nav after a dead battery, its not registering the location and setting the clock, any ideas, i've tried the small hidden fuse under the ash tray, not disconnected the battery yet, has anyone found any way to resolve this fault without the need to replace the unit, cheers all

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Delbert

I had a red satalite symbol for a few days. First of all, the code that you need for diagnostics is 4112. You can tell the sat nav where your car is, find out how many satalites it is receiving etc.

As for disconnecting the battery, unless you have the radio code and any other thing that might require a code, then I would warn against it. You can remove the sat nav as an alternative - I did this and it works now. Total costs was £2.48 for 2 pins to remove the sat nav. I then unplugged it completely and then put it back together. After 2 very short journeys, nothing had happened, but on the third journey, I got the green satallite back.

The sat nav handbook says that if it loses a signal, it can take 15 minutes to reset. Obviously my 2 short journeys were too short.

I think unplugging it must have caused it to reboot. Let me know how you get on.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
GPS will also get a fix much more quickly if the car isn't moving. Most systems will acquire a lock within a couple of minutes if the receiver is stationary.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi, i have the very same problem with my sat nav and will give two scarecrows reply a try ,hpefully this resolves the problem as reseting the clock everytime can be a pain ,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi twoscarecrows, thx for the reply I will give it a try and see how it goes, sorry for the late reply but shift work ties me up a bit, hopefully this will reslove it, I do have the radio code if the battery comes out as i had to get it re-coded when the battery went flat, as the original code didnt work, glad for the sat nav code as well as renault dealer said there wasnt one and no functions I needed to use it, is this the same code as the initial start up screen to set functions with, thx again

·
Registered
5 Posts
red sat nav

hi ,new ariel arrived today , plugged it in and within 5 minutes the sat icon went green,now the clock keeps its time:) and the sat nav works,
The ebay id of the seller is easy-trading-67 and the arial was 12 gbp delivered:)
thanks to all on the forum and i will definitly be paying attention in the future,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts