Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have owned car from new and never touched the cassette holder. satnav full colour screen system works perfectly and used constantly.
have just bought 2011 Carminat official - awaiting delivery- upgrade for the car, followed the instructions in the book and tried to extract the insitu cd. Lots of clicking and no exit of CD.
any ideas is there a cd insitu- the book indicates one is in it- or are details loaded onto computer at factory from a cd?

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
5,254 Posts
pressing the button should eject the disc.
check on the front for a pin hole, use a paperclip straightened out to push in and engage the eject gears inside.
failing that undo the cover screws and remove the cd unit, then use flat screwdriver to open the case up.
you should be able to get the disc out then.
if your unsure about such drastic action, get any skool kid to do it for you, theres plenty of nerdy ones about to fix stuff like that. :d

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi thank you . no pinholes on front and it looks like i need a special tool to slide into the four holes at the front to bring it out- similar to the old style radio fitting. Then I will take the lid off to extract it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tony, did you manage to get your disk out from the satnav drive? I have the same problem - have removed the CD unit from the car, but to get to the disk does not look easy. Any clues?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts